Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads

Solved!

Downloads

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System: Android 9

My Question or Issue

Plan:Premium  Country:UK  Device: Samsung Galaxy s10  Operating System 9

Hi Community

Before subscribing - I already used up my free trial some time ago - I'd like to know if I can do the following three things in Spotify: 

1. "Download" albums and be able to see and play them as albums. (Amazon Music can't do that - it just lists the tracks, not the album.) 

2. Shuffle-play all downloads (it's great - like your own personal radio station!) 

3. When at home and online, be able to play downloads and cast it to my Sonos speakers (a stereo pair of Ones). (Deezer can't do that.)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mrmeaning,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Community and welcome.

If you subscribed to Premium through one of our trial offers in the past and then canceled, you can start a new subscription without a trial. Just click here and scroll down to see what Premium options are available for you 🙂

Once you're subscribed, you can save albums so that they feature in the 'Your Library' section of your app (under Albums) and you can also download them. You can also Shuffle play your downloaded songs by opening 'Playlists' or 'Artists' after tapping on 'Your Library' and then choosing the filter-option 'Downloads' next to the search bar on the top part of the screen.

It'd be great to check this Spotify Answer to get updated with all the new 'Your Library' functionalities. 

You should also be able to play the downloaded songs with your Sonos device when at home and online. Take a look at this support site article if you'd like to know more about playing music with Spotify and Sonos.

Hope you'll find this info helpful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @mrmeaning,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Community and welcome.

If you subscribed to Premium through one of our trial offers in the past and then canceled, you can start a new subscription without a trial. Just click here and scroll down to see what Premium options are available for you 🙂

Once you're subscribed, you can save albums so that they feature in the 'Your Library' section of your app (under Albums) and you can also download them. You can also Shuffle play your downloaded songs by opening 'Playlists' or 'Artists' after tapping on 'Your Library' and then choosing the filter-option 'Downloads' next to the search bar on the top part of the screen.

It'd be great to check this Spotify Answer to get updated with all the new 'Your Library' functionalities. 

You should also be able to play the downloaded songs with your Sonos device when at home and online. Take a look at this support site article if you'd like to know more about playing music with Spotify and Sonos.

Hope you'll find this info helpful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts