Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extremely slow loading times on all aspects of application

Extremely slow loading times on all aspects of application

Hey, my name is Adam and I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S5 for Spotify. This problem only started around about a week ago but when I opened up Spotify, it seemed to take ages to load everything - my playlists, the application itself, images, the browse tab, you name it. I have tried experimenting with the functions of my phone by comparing between mobile data and WiFi connection but it seems both are lingering with the same problem.

This made me think that it was a server-side issue as I've tried downloading the songs but when I switch between the songs, it takes an awfully long time to go to the next track and vice versa. I've been trying all sorts of solutions to rectify this problem: uninstalling, clearing data/cache, reinstalling only to have the problem happen again around 30 minutes later.

If anyone can offer a solution or sympathise with my problems, please do! This has been driving me nuts for quite a while now and I want to be able to enjoy the app without latency. Thank you!

13 Replies

Have you tried disabling nuplayer? Can you try without an sd card inserted as a lot of the time a faulty sd card is to blame

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yeah same here LG G3. Started around week ago too. Mbe the new update.

Same to me, startet about 2 month ago. Changed nothing on my sony z2. Using sd card, but also before it got slow. Speed changed dramatically after an update. Deinstall and reinstall has no effect. When starting spotify lasts about 1-2minutes untill I can go to my playlists or search for songs!!! Very annoying, considering to chance to other service. And since some time i even cannot skip or start titles in my car (before update it was possible). I thought it will take 2 or 3 weeks till it will be realized, but nothing changes... Saw a lot of entries over here so where's the problem to fix ?!?!

@meackah wrote:
Same to me, startet about 2 month ago. Changed nothing on my sony z2. Using sd card, but also before it got slow. Speed changed dramatically after an update. Deinstall and reinstall has no effect. When starting spotify lasts about 1-2minutes untill I can go to my playlists or search for songs!!! Very annoying, considering to chance to other service. And since some time i even cannot skip or start titles in my car (before update it was possible). I thought it will take 2 or 3 weeks till it will be realized, but nothing changes... Saw a lot of entries over here so where's the problem to fix ?!?!

Can you try without the SD card in? Sometimes this causes slow downs so let's quickly eliminate that as an issue first off.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I removed the SD card, still was slow. Then deleted spotify and downloaded it again. ( Without the SD card in). 

That fixed the issue. Then I started downloading music for offline mode,  only then I put my SD card in.

Works good.

Thanks.

Same problem here

I have recorded a video to better explain: 

Why am I paying for this **bleep**

Hello paakijs,

when you say you removed and reinserted your SD card and Spotify got faster – are your songs downloading to SD card or internal memory now? I was wondering if it's possible to have cache on internal memory and songs on the SD card. Spotify takes forever to open. (It goes without saying no other player takes so long, no matter where songs are located.)

Thanks for any response!

I just did a test. I switched from a Samsung 64GB EVO card (up to 48 MB/s read speed) to 128GB EVO+ card (up to 80 MB/s), downloaded approx. 30 GB of music (extreme quality + local files) and Spotify Android takes 29 seconds to fully open. On the 64GB it took 27 seconds so I think that the speed of the card isn't really an issue here.

Edit: This would not be a problem if not for the other bug which is Spotify widget crashing after a period of inactivity. If the widget just continued working in background, the app would restart immediately (as it does when you click the widget while it's not crashed yet). I can live with one long startup when I reboot the phone, which doesn't happen all that often.

....That seem to work for me too =O)

What solved here was: rip all downloaded content from the app.

Go to setting and one of the latest options does this work for you. Now it's running smoothly!

I had a very slow and unresponsive Spotify Android app too. And i had a very large library of albums, artists and songs.

After deleting my whole library the Android app is fast again, very fast!

So if you have a slow Android app, then try deleting as much as possible from your library first.

Hope this helps for you too!

My phone all of the sudden started loading in really slow I'm on YouTube and my videos and songs don't even play for like 2 seconds

Suggested posts