Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Features missing on Nvidia Shield TV (Android TV) Spotify App: Autoplay, normalize volumes.

Features missing on Nvidia Shield TV (Android TV) Spotify App: Autoplay, normalize volumes.

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Nvidia Shield TV

Operating System

Latest Android TV

My Question or Issue

Features I'd like on Nvidia Shield TV (Android TV app): Autoplay and Normalize volumes options.

Autoplay is missing: no matter if I am listening to Playlist, a single track or a group of tracks I queued, when all songs are played autoplay doesn't start, the music stops. I really miss this function because it is implemented very well on smartphone, and always pics interesting songs too. I think is necessary in a living room environment where probably I am doing other things and don't have the remote in hands.

Normalize volume: this feature is missing, when playing playlist I often get sudden spike in volume when certain songs start. In a living room environment this feature is necessary since probably I don't have the remote in hand to adjust volumes every song. On the smartphone this feature works nice, especially because it doesn't degrade sounds.

5 Replies

Hey @jhoopz, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Thanks for taking to write this!

If you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Have a anice day 🙂

In a living room setting, guests and kids will not have a cellphone to cast to an android TV box. With a family of 3 little kids, I would like the ability for them to explore music for themselves on our nvidia shield. This setting would reassure me they don't stumble on 2 live crew... by accident.

android tv is missing downloading as well

android tv is missing radio feature

Android tv app is missing spotify connect listing that let you choose on which device you want music playing.

Suggested posts