Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on Android (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the info so far. Your feedback has been very valuable to our tech teams.

We've blocked new replies to this topic now, but if you need help with your downloads, you can take a look at support page here for tips and trick that might solve your issue.

In case that doesn't work and you're still having trouble listening to your downloaded music, we'd suggest following the steps in this Spotify Answer to report your issue. A member of Staff or a Star will get in touch with you as soon as possible to help you out.

Thanks again and have a great day ahead!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

448 Replies

Hi everybody,

Spotify developers are going to closely monitor this thread and reach out to some of you who report back that you experience problems with downloading playlists.

We're especially interested in those of you who experience the problem regularly, please get in tocuh with us!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Babar

Spotify Product Owner

Hey there :) I am a free user and i am not able to download my local music files... Since a few weeks only a message that a premium account is needed to download files is shown. Earlier it downloaded the available mp3 files off my computer. Also when i try to make the playlist available via my computer it tries to synch the complete mediathek and not only the selected playlists. Hope you understand my bad (german) english and its in the right section Greetz Akmet 🙂

Hi. Recently i got a sony experia z tablet (which runs on android), with a free spotify premium account. I created an off line play list on my pc and tried to synchronise this with my playlist on the experia, so i can listen off line from my experia. But, nothing... I am using a usb cable for the synchronisation (i don't have wifi). The tablet and the pc seem to connect well enough though. I can look through the folders on the experia via the pc. But no synchronisation.. Can this have anything to do with the usb cable?

Hope i'm not off topic here. Also hope that any one can tell me what to do.. Thanks in advance.

Hey, you don't use USB to synch with Spotify. Try the instructions in this FAQ and see if that works.

@mario1 wrote:

Hi. Recently i got a sony experia z tablet (which runs on android), with a free spotify premium account. I created an off line play list on my pc and tried to synchronise this with my playlist on the experia, so i can listen off line from my experia. But, nothing... I am using a usb cable for the synchronisation (i don't have wifi). The tablet and the pc seem to connect well enough though. I can look through the folders on the experia via the pc. But no synchronisation.. Can this have anything to do with the usb cable?

Hope i'm not off topic here. Also hope that any one can tell me what to do.. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if it's related to this at all, but I upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.3 on my Nexus 7 (32GB), and now when I play an offline playlist on shuffle, it'll get through 7 or 8 songs, then just stop playing anything (the play queue shows a full list of songs when I start playing). On opening the app up, the now playing screen resets back to the first song that played, and I have to go back and pick a new song.

It all seems to be playing OK without an internet connection, and doesn't appear to be constantly downloading (althoughthe Nexux does appear to be regulary downloading something, and I have no other apps open).

@mit400 Just to let your know that my Nexus 7 with android 4.3 has been streaming a shuffled offline playlist over bluetooth faultlessly for a couple of hours today. In your advanced WiFi settings, do you have Keep Wifi on during sleep set and Wifi optimisation off?

@jwylot Thanks for the info. I've been using both bluetooth & wired headphones, and had the same issue on both.

I have WiFi always on during sleep, and WiFi optimisation on as well. Should I change one or both of these options?

It worked fine before the 4.3 update.

Michael

I have wifi optimisation off as it has caused dropouts for me. I'm just waking up properly and realise wifi settings have no bearing on playing offline content - sorry 🙂 

Is it possible that your playlist or one of the tracks in it has become corrupted somehow? Do you get the same problem with another playlist?

We had this issue a week ago. I have spotify for 1 year now and never had problems.

We went for 2 weeks holiday to Italy. We used spotify on android tablet and phone, but in the 2nd week the songs were no longer available. Never had this issue before

take it easy, everything is coming to it's place

I haven't added or removed to any playlist in the last few days. I've tried a couple of playlists and it still seems to happen (the first was only spotify downloaded songs, the sedcond was a mix of spotify & local file songs).

It doesn't seem to be a specific song or number of songs that set it off. Anything from 5-10, it seems to just give up.

I have a Premium Spotify account, last night I downloaded it for my phone (Android). I downloaded a few playlists so I could listen offline. I also have verizon internet which only allowed me to use 5 GB a month. Downloading the playlists last night used about 2.3 GB. I assumed as much. However today when I pulled up spotify on my phone none of the playlists where there offline. I hope someone can give me advice or Spotify can fix the problem. A few months ago I was able to email tech support I can no longer find any contact info except address.....Any help would be great! Thanks.

So, if i m correct:
1. Synchronisation is only possible through wifi?
2. or are there possibilities to synchronise with some cable? Because i dont have wifi (and really dont want it).
Thanks again for any reaction.

OK, I've downloaded every song again, but if did is happening more then once or when I have more songs I don't like it anymore

take it easy, everything is coming to it's place

Both devices have to be on the same network. You might be able to set up your android as a wireless access point then connect your PC to this network and it might allow synching. I haven't tried it myself.

@mario1 wrote:
So, if i m correct:
1. Synchronisation is only possible through wifi?
2. or are there possibilities to synchronise with some cable? Because i dont have wifi (and really dont want it).
Thanks again for any reaction.

I ll try that, thanks

Could you please let me know how it works out? It should work, in theory, but I haven't seen anyone try it which is why I was being a bit cagey 🙂

Hi,

I have a playlist of Dio that only appears on wifi even if it is downloaded. Started a few weeks ago, tried deleting playlist and also redownloaded local content.

Edit premium member Htc desire hd android version: 2.3.5 spotify version: 0.6.5.183

I'm having the same issue as mit400 on the Nexus 4 after the update (stops playing after a couple of songs)

Absolutely no problems on iPod touch g5 offline..

Suggested posts