Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Freezing when connected to Ford Sync 3

Freezing when connected to Ford Sync 3

Basically the title, if play Spotify through the applink on Ford Sync 3 it wont let me change songs. If I pause my music then play it again usually I can change songs a few times before it will freeze again. I can get around this by just using it as a normal bluetooth media device, but then I don't get the nice integrated UI. 

Since I've had my phone I've done 2 factory resets, and have reinstalled all my music and Spotify 3 times. I havent done any of that since I have owned my car, and honestly I'm not going to do it again, its a PITA to wait for 30GB of music to download. My car is a 16 FiST, I haven't seen anyone else have this problem but I'm sure I can't be the only one

7 Replies

Hey @biigme!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. To start, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using?

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. Spotify constantly freezes and I have to pause/play to be able to switch tracks.

2016 LINCOLN MKC with Sync3

Phone: Samsung S7 Edge

Thanks

Android 6.0
Galaxy S7 Edge
Latest updates for everything

Exactly the same problem. Mustang 2016 sync 3 with samsung grand prime with Lolipop.

I am having similar/complete nightmares with Sync 3 and Spotify AppLink. Works for a couple of minutes if I'm lucky. I have to go via CarPlay just to make it usable, but that's not a good solution for other reasons. Otherwise I just get hangs, crashes, pausing, etc.

Was there a solution for this? Keeps happening to me and I prefer the app link over CarPlay

iPhone 6s Plus
Ford Fusion 2017 Sync 3

How I'm not returning to Spotify, a short story. 

A few months back I was forced to get a mobile internet solution and what I found offered free data for music streaming services, but not spotify. This made me to switch to another service sadly. Now they offer spotify too and I got a new car with sync 3. 

At first I was soo happy, Spotify's awesome recommendations, community features, I'm back baby, wohooo, went to subscribe 1 months price for 3 months deal, yay, even better. 

Then I started organizing my music. Put some stuff into 'your music', went to try it in the car, it's there, but all the songs of an artist are in one long list, not cool when trying to find a song in a car. Ok, first bump, I saw it was already fixed on Android so it would list by albums, I suppose it will get there soon on IOS. 

Then I read I'm limited to 10000 songs. Woooo, not cool, I have almost as many on that other service and constantly growing, I'll be over that pretty soon. Ok, bump number 2, what to do? 

Then I read that I should put them in playlists and organize however I like, no limit there. OK, I can live with that, even though on the other service I can 1 click anything into my libraryand then it would organize them for me as I tell it to, but fine, I still love Spotify's recommendations enough to put up with this, so I spent an afternoon creating playlists from albums, organizing them under folders and sorting them by alphabet. 

Then I went out to my car, started carplay, went into the collection folder I created, then in the genres folders, and tadaaaam, empty. There is nothing there. Restarted, reinstalled, tried for 3 days, can't get them to show up, folders just don't show playlists inside them on carplay. Ok, major bump. 

Fine, carplay works very smoothly otherwise, but still, let's try applink, it should be fine. Started Spotify in applink, freeze. Started it again, extremely unresponsive, can't even get to playlists, keeps throwing me back to start then eventualy freezing. Tried a few more times, reinstalled, restarted, same. 

So that's how I'm sticking with that other service, which I can just start and it works exactly as I would imagine it. It doesn't have the community features of Spotify and it can't understand my taste nearly as well, so I'm having a hard time finding new music, while Spotify threw me exactly what I like, but unlike Spotify, I can listen to music with it. 

Suggested posts