Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Get an empty info box when trying to listen to a tune

Solved!

Get an empty info box when trying to listen to a tune

I had my app working until two days ago. Now, every time I select a tune I get an empty Info dialog box with the only option to click OK. Then nothing happens and no music starts. Any suggestions?

30 Replies

I have the exact same problem but I have the paid version. Or is there a problem with my account maybe?

I just realized I have a new card so that is why...

Hello,

I have this same problem, but i have spotify unlimited.will i have to upgrade to premium in order to resolve this?

Thanks

Hi amy55- Yep that's correct, you'll need a Premium subscription in order to use the app on your device. However

I can see you just upgraded yesterday, how is that working for you?

Hi Meredith. All fine now i have upgraded, but frustrating that there is nothing in that box to tell you what the problem is. Can that be fixed for others?

Thanks for your time.

Does this mean that once this happens it is no longer possible to get spotify free?

You can downgrade to free but you won't be able to use Spotify on your phone - that requires a Premium subscription (or Premium trial)
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I've got the Motorola XOOM and have the same problem. I don't want to pay. I only want the free service so does this mean I can't get the service back and should delete the app?

Yep, tablets count as mobile devices and so require a subscription to use with Spotify
----------------
Marked as solution

What a shame that you waste peoples time by not making things clear. I work in marketing - key rules: don't annoy customers, they wont come back. Never position your brand negatively. Always provide clear messages so that your customers are not mislead. From the number of discussions on this on this forum I would say your marketing and communication teams and your product planning team need a rethink! Goodbye Spotify!

Understandable.

Tablets are considered mobiles though - in that they run mobile operating systems. Get a pure Windows tablet running Win7 and you could install the Spotify desktop client and use that.

Dave
----------------

Suggested posts