Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S10

Operating System

I think Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I recently purchased a Galaxy S10, I have spotify playing and the screen locks, it'll show the: song you're listening to, previous song, Play/pause button and next song. For some reason those controls don't seem to work when I'm on the lock screen. Anyone else have this issue or now how to fix?

Screenshot_20190309-060618_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi all.  I FOUND A SOLUTION that worked for me.  My problem was I couldn't pause/unpause the music from the facewidget on my lockscreen for Galaxy S8.  I fixed this by literally turning off the Music FaceWidget in the settings and allowing spotify to use its own widget on the lock screen.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since the original issue has since been resolved, we'd like to ask users to start a new thread in the relevant help board here - we'll be happy to help you out there!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

72 Replies

Exact same problem. What seems to fix it is to use buttons in notifications. Then lock screen buttons respond for a few minutes until they die again.

Using S10+ 

Hey there @Swiecz23 and @Laz4rz,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In this case, we'd recommend trying the following first: 

• Make sure that all relevant permissions are enabled for the Spotify app 
  • Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps
  • Try logging out and back to your Spotify account on the app to shake things up
  • Restart your device
  • Try a quick reinstall of the app by following the steps here

If none of these do the trick, could you let us know if this also occurs when using a different device?

It'd be also helpful if you could let us know the version of the Spotify app on your Samsung device.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi,

I have same issue with Samsung S10 and Android 9. I have tried all followings and none worked. It is a bit annoying. I cant even control it by controls on headphones.

Thanks,

Martin

Hey,

I also had this issue but then I went into the spotify settings (in the app) and turned off the CAR VIEW setting and that seemed to do the trick

I hope this can help others 

Car view doesnt work for me.

I and many others on these forums have tried all of these 'solutions' and none of them worked. Clearly this is a problem with the app.

I have a Galaxy S8+ and I'm experiencing this exact issue as well as the not being able to pull up my library of individual songs. This last Spotify update was terrible!

Screenshot_20190309-182105_Spotify.jpg

Hey @drew-dogg@Swiecz23 , @LiamFVJ , @MartinSamo and @Mytochondria,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the control buttons and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Same issue on the S9. I can go as far as tapping on the the song name displayed on the lock screen to show the album cover, but the play buttons aren't functional. Tried CarPlay as well with no luck. 

I had the same issue and I figured it out not sure if it works for all but what I did is I switched the clocks on the lock screen and found one that worked so when you swipe on the clock to get to your music or if its already there from the lock screen it should work. Try switching clock types from lock screen

I tried switching clock on the lock screen don't work. Did all that was recommended on this posts  and still don't work. Even contacted Samsung and did many troubleshooting and yet still don't work. What I found out is when I use Amazon Music the control media player in the lock screen work. Thus, the Samsung tech support concluded its Spotify issue. I hope for an update soon 

April 2019 update:

Updated to android 9, looks like spotify also received an update. Playback controls now work on the lock screen. 

I haven't changed any lockscreen settings or spotify settings.. it just started working..

My phone comes with adriod 9 UI 1.1.its a Samsung galaxy 10plus. Nothing to update and sadly Spotify still don't work on my lock screen. Yet my Amazon music work. 

@Kwong868 wrote:

My phone comes with adriod 9 UI 1.1.its a Samsung galaxy 10plus. Nothing to update and sadly Spotify still don't work on my lock screen. Yet my Amazon music work. 

Yep have s10+ also and still having same exact issues as of 4/14/19. Still nothing so far has worked to fix problem.

None of the aforementioned solutions work for me either.

Yea I just got another update on my phone and now soundcloud and spotify
dont work and switching the clocks dosnt work for me anymore rip...

Car mode fixed it for me too which is blindingly absurd when you take into account it does nothing when connected to my car Bluetooth.

I've this problem too with s9+, at first I thought the problem was about my lock screen settings. It still can be about my lock screen permission settings or sth. like that because when I first tried to skip song with my original akg headphone, it said "you cant control with your headphone buttons because its not allowed, you need to change it in settings" or sth. like that.

Turn off facewidgets in the lockscreen settings.

This brings up the Spotify widget which works perfectly.

Suggested posts