Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S10

Operating System

I think Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I recently purchased a Galaxy S10, I have spotify playing and the screen locks, it'll show the: song you're listening to, previous song, Play/pause button and next song. For some reason those controls don't seem to work when I'm on the lock screen. Anyone else have this issue or now how to fix?

Screenshot_20190309-060618_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

72 Replies

This worked for my s10, i just toggled it on and then off again. Thank you very much!

This is still a problem. You said it would be fixed a number of months ago. Whats the latest?

Hey there @bay2boy,

Sorry to hear you're still having this issue. 

Have you tried some troubleshooting steps? If so, what were they? 

In addition, you can try enabling Permissions for Spotify: Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

If that does not do it, what are your device, OS and Spotify version?

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Le même problème quand je veux mettre pause ou play sur l'écran de verrouillage ça ne fonctionne pas.

Hey @Anthony-F,

Thanks for jumping in here! Hope you don't mind an  answer in English.

Can you tell me if you've tried these troubleshooting steps? If so, what happened?

If you've tried anything else besides that, feel free to share with us 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello Guido, thanks for taking your time to reply on the issue, but this is neither a solution, nor did it get fixed like suggested in the link that you posted.

Hey @huskardoto,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since the original issue mentioned in this thread (and which Guido linked to) has since been fixed, we suggest you open a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Feel free to post a link to it below - we can then jump in and help you troubleshoot your issue over there.

Cheers!

Sounds like this has been an issue for a while. I am just recently have encountered this problem. I can't control Spotify from my lock screen. I have a Galaxy s8 and have tried everything on this thread to fix this. Is it coming in the next update perhaps?

Marked as solution

Hi all.  I FOUND A SOLUTION that worked for me.  My problem was I couldn't pause/unpause the music from the facewidget on my lockscreen for Galaxy S8.  I fixed this by literally turning off the Music FaceWidget in the settings and allowing spotify to use its own widget on the lock screen.

1. I have the same issue as the rest, i cannot pause or play music from Lock screen. the next and back keys work just can't pause or play. I've tried deleting and reinstalling app, deleting cache, changing running in background setting for app, as well as battery optimization settings. I've even disabled and re enabled the face widget and when I leave face widget off, I lose the feature all together, the app is upto date. Im running Spotify on Samsung galaxy s8 and didn't have issue b4 switching from my lgg4 a month ago can you provide a solution none of the solutions above have worked and it seams this issue has been going on for awhile.
Screenshot_20200329-235642_One UI Home.jpg

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy A50. I've tried every single "solution" mentioned in this thread, as well as the original "fix" of a clean install. Still doesn't work. VERY annoying. 

I'm using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy 50 (Model A505U) with the most recent version of the operating system available (Samsung UI One 1.1).

Spotify really needs to get this fixed.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since the original issue has since been resolved, we'd like to ask users to start a new thread in the relevant help board here - we'll be happy to help you out there!

Cheers!

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Xiaomi 12

Operating System

Miui global 13.2.4.0

My Question or Issue

On the lock screen and on the app notification drawer i no longer see the most usable buttons for controlling music. Previous, pause and next buttons are gone and now only shuffle and heart are left.

What the heck is going on

Screenshot_2022-12-25-14-20-13-367_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-25-14-19-53-448_lockscreen-edit.jpg

Suggested posts