Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LIKED FROM RADIO Not Recognizing Already-Liked Tracks - and Adds Duplicates

LIKED FROM RADIO Not Recognizing Already-Liked Tracks - and Adds Duplicates

Despite a long talk with support on this issue - and despite the fact that I see this has been reported for ALMOST THREE YEARS now - maybe longer...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Radio-Previously-liked-songs-don-t-show-liked-when-play...

...how much longer will this be ignored???  I even saw one thread from a few months ago that showed a screenshot of the message that * supposedly * appears when you try to like a radio track that's already present in the LIKED FROM RADIO playlist.

I have never seen this message box.

As a paying customer, I would like to know if there is any intent whatsoever to fix this problem.   3 plus years - and STILL nothing on this?  You have to be kidding.

6 Replies

Can you try a clean install following the guide below, you are right this should be fixed. If after a clean install you are still experiencing this then I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I just installed it clean yesterday on a new phone (LG G3) - problem still exists.  And I did talk to Spotify support at length via their Twitter support account.  They told me that "they will let the developers know".  HUH???  This issue has been reported for YEARS with NOTHING done to fix this. You think using the form with the link you provided will get more direct attention?

@DrInfoman wrote:

I just installed it clean yesterday on a new phone (LG G3) - problem still exists.  And I did talk to Spotify support at length via their Twitter support account.  They told me that "they will let the developers know".  HUH???  This issue has been reported for YEARS with NOTHING done to fix this. You think using the form with the link you provided will get more direct attention?

I would suggest you do. This way a ticket is raised in the system with Spotify Support 🙂

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks!  I did just that last night.  Let's see what support has to say - again.

And here's that reply...

Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback.

We're always looking to improve Spotify in any way we can. We can’t say now if or when any specific change will be out, but as soon as we've got something to announce, we'll let everyone know on the Spotify blog.

I use Radio myself and have voted on the Community, hope we can get a solution soon.

Kind regards,

Nelson,

Spotify Customer Support

www.spotify.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, what I've been told numerous times, despite the fact that this is a BUG with the Android app that has been reported for over 3 years now.

So, I guess Spotify MAY fix this - at some point - if they feel like it - or not.

WONDERFUL.

ANOTHER 7 months have passed.  We're going on 4 YEARS of this issue.

REALLY????

Suggested posts