Premium

Country

US

Device

Pixel 2

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

The latet app update totally breaks any playlist ordering that existed prior to the update.  I had all of my playlists sorted alphabetically (which is still the case on the desktop and web app), but the new android mobile app completely ignores that and sorts playlists randomly inside folders.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @exitwest81 

You can select the order of the playlists from the app. Pull down on the playlists page and press on the button with 3 horizontal lines on the top right corner. You can choose order by Name, or Custom which will use the same order as the desktop app.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The answer about clicking the button is WRONG.  There is n ou button.

The answer is out there but Spotify doesnt seem to care about removing posts like these that provide incorrect answers or 5 year old posts that are no longer relevant.  The confusion is unnecessary.

FYI, click the filter button.  It helps to pretend that you don't know the actual definition of the word filter.  But that'll bring up sort options.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @exitwest81 

You can select the order of the playlists from the app. Pull down on the playlists page and press on the button with 3 horizontal lines on the top right corner. You can choose order by Name, or Custom which will use the same order as the desktop app.

Hope that helps.

Jesus, this is the least intuitive UI they've ever implemented.

Thanks for the help - I was getting very frustrated with this as I have over 200 playlists in a specific order that is not alphabetic! However, the problem still exists when I try to add a song to a playlist! I have to scroll through all of them in the random order before I find the one I want to add the song to... Any ideas?

The button with the three horizontal lines in the top right corner no longer exists.

Marked as solution

The answer about clicking the button is WRONG.  There is n ou button.

The answer is out there but Spotify doesnt seem to care about removing posts like these that provide incorrect answers or 5 year old posts that are no longer relevant.  The confusion is unnecessary.

FYI, click the filter button.  It helps to pretend that you don't know the actual definition of the word filter.  But that'll bring up sort options.

Thank you!

Suggested posts