Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files on mobile

Solved!

Local files on mobile

Hi!

Can I sync my music on mobile with spotify? And how?

Thanks for the answer!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, there's no way to sync the files on your phone with the app I'm afraid. You'd need to transfer these files to your desktop, then run a sync as previously advised.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello And welcome to The community! 🙂

Well you need Spotify premium to do this. Afterwards you can Sync up 3 devices for offline usage all your playlists And you can also Sync local files as well 🙂 but that is Only One Feature of The premium Package 😉 you can get more Information at www.spotify.com/premium

Have Fun ! 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hello @7thSea, welcome to the community!

Yes you can sync the local files on your desktop to your phone using the steps in this guide 🙂 Make sure to click "Android" from the top menu 🙂 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Thank you all for the answers! But I think I wasn't clear enough. I want to sync my files on my mobile, not my files on my PC to my mobile. Cuz my memory card is almost full (mostly music), and if I can't sync those files from my mobile (with spotify on my mobile) then I have to delete them to make room for spotify tracks.

Marked as solution

Hi, there's no way to sync the files on your phone with the app I'm afraid. You'd need to transfer these files to your desktop, then run a sync as previously advised.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thank you for the answers again!

I thought if I can sync my music on PC then I can do the same with mobile. It makes sense in my opinion. 😄

Have a nice day! 😉

@7thSea wrote:

Thank you for the answers again!

I thought if I can sync my music on PC then I can do the same with mobile. It makes sense in my opinion. 😄

Have a nice day! 😉

Whilst I agree it would be nice for the Spotify app to be able to find and play locally stored files on the mobile, I think it may lead to a lot of users getting confused about what's contained where. It's a lot easier to just have one 'fit-for-all' process to store local media.

Sorry about this, I assume you can't find your tracks on Spotify for streaming? if so, you could manually add these to a playlist... else, you will need to transfer to the desktop and then sync.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts