Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low Music Volume on S4

Low Music Volume on S4

I've seen a few other posts similar to this, but never quite my exact situation. So I noticed the volume of my Spotify app is far lower than the stock Music player. I tested this using the same song and Spotify was absolutely a much lower volume. There are no equalizers on and Adapt Sound is off. I updated to Android 5.0 last week but the issue was occurring before that and is still occurring. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks
10 Replies

head over to this thread - there seems to be some issues w/ Android 5.0+ and sound

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

I read through the whole thread/went to the OP's other posts for help and none of this worked. Suggestions? It's not that the sound is bad, it's just not loud at all which is irritating. I don't mean to sound rude, but I am paying for premium so I would like to be able to enjoy all of my music instead of just tolerating a lower volume level.

Thanks for your help

Hit the connect (Bottom right - - megaphone with sound waves) button, and there should be a volume toggle that is separate from the device volume... Have you tried that?
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Actually, that is not separate from my device volume. It is the same as my device volume. All that does toggle does is alter my device's media volume setting. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't seem to help this issue.

Interesting... So what exactly has changed about this function? I know that it is not a version issue, because I am running 3 different versions, and they all do the same thing. I can report it as a bug.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I have never used that volume slider in the entire time I have had a spotify account. I don't really remember a point at which I had a separate volume setting for the Spotify app. 

There is no solution at the moment, it's a bug in the latest version as indicated on the other thread that is linked above. Just sit tight, and hopefully it'll be fixed shortly.

By the way, it's not just an Android 5.0 problem, I've got the issue as well on my Galaxy Notye 3 running KitKat 4.4.2.

I've got the same problem on my Samsung S4

Same problem here, why am I paying monthly for a service that constantly has new bugs that are really major such as this one. Friends of mine cant even start the app anymore without it crashing instantly

@Shonosuke , have your friend try this:
If your device is using an SD card; try removing it and then seeing if the app runs without issue. Try a complete format of the card and if it still fails it may be time to invest in a new SD card.
are you unable to format or delete the folders? It might be the card is set as 'write-protected'. Some micro SD cards come with an adapter with a little hardware switch enabling read/write access. Try putting the card in this adapter and toggling the switch to enable then disable the read/write protection. If possible, use a PC to format the card while it's in this adapter.
check if the SD Card mounted and readable by the system? Go to phone settings - Storage and scroll down to SD Card. Try un-mounting the re-mounting the card.

Suggested posts