Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

ASUS-X018D

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Just to put it out there, I've tried beforehand to get free Spotify Premium using dodgy websites on my phone which of course did not work. Now that I recently got legal Premium, I've had this annoying problem for a while now and I have tried everything I saw on the forums regarding this issue but none of the solutions worked for me. I tried logging off, restarting and then logging back in, I've even tried going into another family plan with a new email but none of that has worked. I also tried factory resetting my phone because of the free Spotify Premium thing I mentioned to no avail. I can open the app just fine and everything works well but the music does not play at all. Can anyone please help?

5 Replies

Hi @berryguts,

Welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have you already tried to perform a clean reinstall? This can be very helpful for clearing the app's cache.

On the other hand, would you mind sending us your device's exact OS version and Spotify version? Also, let us know if you spot any difference when you log into your account using another mobile device. 

Lastly, what happens exactly when you try playing music - does the process bar move, but no sound is coming out, or is the player generally unresponsive?

We'll be on the lookout for you reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi! i already tried a clean reinstall multiple times to no avail 😞 i'm using an android os and my Spotify version is 8.5.89.901. 

when i try playing the music, the process bar or anything for that matter does not move (like the lyrics) and yes, the player is unresponsive.

Hey there @berryguts,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you have someone log into their account on your device - such as a friend's or a family member's account to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as above, it has been ongoing for a month now.

When I click on a song, it simply does not play, it stays at 0.00. I can move the track time forward but it still refuses to play.

This only happens on mobile, and I am still able to play podcasts on mobile, but no music at all.

I have done several clean reinstalls, as well as removed my SD card, and then clean reinstalled without the SD card in. I have had a friend log in on my phone and it works for them.

I am becoming very frustrated by this and am desperate for a solution. I appreciate any help

Samsung Galaxy S10
Australia

Premium 

Thanks

Hi there @kaliba

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

Would you mind sending over your device's exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running?

We'd also recommend making sure that your device has enough storage space available and that you're not using any battery saving/task killing apps, as these could cause issues with Spotify. 

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts