Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music randomly stops playing

Music randomly stops playing

Music randomly stops playing (mostly using Spotify in offline mode to save data, therefore the songs are all downloaded on the device). The widget also disappear from the lock screen (since it stops, not pause). It happens most often when plugged in using a 3.5mm jack for audio (in my car), but also occurs with my bluetooth headphones. I've tried to restart my phone multiple times, but the problem persist. The audio jack works as I can still hear other audio sources (such as GPS, etc.). Issue started happening in the last 2 months or so.

Premium account - Canada

Samsung A5 2017 SM-A520W

Android 8.0.0

Samsung experience 9.0

Download Quality - very high

App version 8.5.48.1049

8 Replies

Hello @Seeboooo

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This issue might be related to a power saving option introduced by Samsung that is causing apps not working correctly while the phone is locked. 

Please, check out this thread and follow the solutions provided there. 

I'd recommend checking this post as well. 

I hope it helps!

Hi,

I've tried to look into your suggested solution, but there is a few things:

- My phone isn't in battery saving mode (except when the battery is very low, which rarely occurs)

- Spotify isn't present in the list of apps under the battery setting, so I can't whitelist it

- Spotify isn't present in the list of apps that I can add to the "unmonitored apps" list

So from what I get, there isn't a fix for this issue and there isn't one coming soon?

Hello @Seeboooo

Thanks for giving it a try! 

I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know how it goes! 

Hi @

sadly this didn't work, I still have the same issue.

Greetings,

Thanks for the reply @Seeboooo!

Could you try if the same happens on another mobile device?

You can also try a friend’s account on the affected device to determine if the issue is device or account-related. Then it will be possible to look further into this. 

Keep me posted! 

I have had a similar issue. When the bluetooth headset was connected, the Spotify app closed at random intervals removing the lock screen controls and the little Spotify icon on the top bar (I have a Pixel 3 of some sort), usually between 5-15 minutes, and I also usually only play downloaded songs. I tried all the usual unhelpful advice, clear cache, delete data, uninstalll spotify, reinstall spotify, reset network settings, reset app settings, etc. etc. Nothing worked.

Today though I tried something illogical after reading that there is an issue with Android and bluetooth when connected to cars. I can't really see that it should have any effect, but I went to Spotify settings and turned off "Turn on automatically" under "Car view" ("always on" is, of course, off). This shouldn't have any effect as I do not use car view, but now it has been going for a tad over 2 hours, and it has not closed once. So maybe try and see if that has any effect on your device.

Hello @Nameless71

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually using the 3.5mm jack in my car, not bluetooth. That setting was turned off already.

Greetings!

Also, I can listen to music normally using other apps on the phone. This issue only happens with Spotify.

Damn, I was hoping it would be related since I don't use the car view bit, otherwise it seems to be the same behavior. Good luck in finding a solution, for the issue.

Suggested posts