Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Different devices, same problems - slow to open, and app thinks it's offline

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy A3 and Nokia 4.2Operating SystemAndroid 8.1 (?) and 9 Takes insanely long to open app, like two or three minutes. And quite often the app says to go online despite actually streaming music at the same time. It's been l...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy A3 and Nokia 4.2 Operating System Android 8.1 (?) and 9   Takes insanely long to open app, like two or three minutes. And quite often the app says to go...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    slow
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "song is unavailable"

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHuawei P20 proOperating System My Question or IssueWhen I go to play a certain artist I get the message that the song is unavailable. All others play fine and it worked fine earlier today. Tried clearing cache, uninstall and...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Huawei P20 pro Operating System     My Question or Issue When I go to play a certain artist I get the message that the song is unavailable. ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Discography view is very inconvenient

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePixel 2XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue A recent update to Spotify completely changed the Discography section in an artist page. It's now a single list, rather then the previous separation for albums, co...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Pixel 2XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   A recent update to Spotify completely changed the Discography section in...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Widgets are automatically shuffled

PlanPremiumCountryUK>NIDevice(Huawei P9)Operating System(Android 7.0) My Question or IssueEvery widget link on my home screen (very few playlists - they're mostly full albums) automatically enables Shuffle as soon as it's pressed. Never starts on the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK>NI Device (Huawei P9) Operating System (Android 7.0)   My Question or Issue Every widget link on my home screen (very few playlists - they're mostly full alb...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution When I click "Add to Homescreen" the spotify app crashes and the album isnt added.

Premium/USA/Samsung Galaxy 7I add the albums I download to my homescreen. I have 24 already, but about 2 weeks ago it quit working. Spotify crashes and the album isnt added.

• Premium/USA/Samsung Galaxy 7 I add the albums I download to my homescreen. I have 24 already, but about 2 weeks ago it quit working. Spotify crashes and the album isnt added.    
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution "My Library" shows no Podcasts & Playlists

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei P30liteOperating SystemAndroid 9 + Spotify Version 8.5.26.1031 My Question or IssueOn my new phone (also newly installed spotify app) I cant see my podcasts and music/playlist on the "My Library" tab. It's the ol...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei P30lite Operating System Android 9 + Spotify Version 8.5.26.1031   My Question or Issue On my new phone (also newly installed spotify app) I ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting offline files

Is there a way to download all of the offline music and podcasts? I see that you can delete the cache, but there doesn't seem to be an option for the offline files downloaded.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to download all of the offline music and podcasts? I see that you can delete the cache, but there doesn't seem to be an option for the offline files downloaded.
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't repeat a song

I recently switched from ios to andriod and I noticed how there's no repeat song button?????

• Visitor
  • I recently switched from ios to andriod and I noticed how there's no repeat song button?????
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music with gaps

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello,I have an album of classical music on my desktop (Local files) and I listen to it with ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello, ...
  • nahyden69
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Ordneransicht in der App

Ich habe meine Playlisten über die Desktop-App in Ordnern sortiert. Soweit so normal, jedoch zeigt die Android App diese Ordner in falscher Reihenfolge, teilweise leer und teilweise mit falschem Inhalt ab. Kriegt man das irgendwie gerichtet? Immerhin...

• Casual Listener
  • Ich habe meine Playlisten über die Desktop-App in Ordnern sortiert. Soweit so normal, jedoch zeigt die Android App diese Ordner in falscher Reihenfolge, teilweise leer und teilweise mit falschem Inha...
  • Schrottie
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android] Lock screen controls not working

Plan: PremiumCountry: UKDevice: Samsung Galaxy 9Operating System: Android 9 Pie I can't skip or pause tracks from my lock screen controls. I was having no problems until yesterday when I updated the app. I have tried erasing data and cache and uninst...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK Device: Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System: Android 9 Pie   I can't skip or pause tracks from my lock screen controls. I was having no problems until yest...
  • anthonyh1
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

Whatsapp audio won't pause spotify songs.

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceGalaxy J8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen i'm listening to spotify and i want to hear an audio on whatsapp, spotify will lower the volume but won't pause the song, making it very hard to hear the audio....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Galaxy J8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When i'm listening to spotify and i want to hear an audio on whatsapp, spotify will lower...
  • Azell
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Different storage size on Android

Hey hey,Could someone explain how it is possible to fix this problem or it is okay?In the app, the size of downloaded songs + cache is approximate 12.3GBBut if I check it in settings-application the size (user data) is 13.7 GBWhy there is a differenc...

• Visitor
  • Hey hey, Could someone explain how it is possible to fix this problem or it is okay? In the app, the size of downloaded songs + cache is approximate 12.3GB But if I check it in settings-applicatio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution thanks to this awesome bug, spotify gets so **bleep**ing slow it hurts!!

Plan Free and Premium it doesn't matter Device samsung galaxy whatever Operating System (Android Oreo My Question or Issue Sometimes i just want to play music like a human being would do. I open spotify and that piece of junk won't load anything.it h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free and Premium it doesn't matter Device samsung galaxy whatever Operating System (Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Sometimes i just want to play music like a human...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Alexa and Heos connect

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSmartphone, Fire HD10Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen I play a saved Album, Spotify can not connect to Heos or Alexa. For a few weeks I'm waiting for a fix, and it makes me feel bad.

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Smartphone, Fire HD10 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When I play a saved Album, Spotify can not connect to Heos or Alexa. F...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify used wrong facebook username

Spotify did not use my facebook username for the account username. It used my chinese name that i put as my language specific name. I have removed my chinese name from my facebook account and log in and out of spotify. However, spotify still displaye...

• Spotify did not use my facebook username for the account username. It used my chinese name that i put as my language specific name. I have removed my chinese name from my facebook account and log in ...
  • zzyss
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Local files won't appear in my playlist anymore!

PlanPremiumCountryPHDeviceXiaomi MI9 (stock rom) My Question or Issue is that local files (I've marked with a heart/like) won't appear in my "favourite songs" playlist. The file only appears on my Desktop PC, not my phone meaning I can't add songs (t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country PH Device Xiaomi MI9 (stock rom)   My Question or Issue is that local files (I've marked with a heart/like) won't appear in my "favourite songs" playlist. The fi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Voice not working (bug)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S6 Edge +Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 (Nougat) My Question or IssueEvery time I use the Spotify Voice, it restarts the app immediately after I say a voice command. It recognizes what I am saying and inputs it,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + Operating System Android 7.0 (Nougat)    My Question or Issue Every time I use the Spotify Voice, it restarts the app imme...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Crash
    voice
    Voice recognition bug
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song keeps playing on repeat

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSongs in playlists or albums loop through all the songs fine. However when I search for a song or artist and select the track from the search results, it just plays the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Songs in playlists or albums loop through all the songs fine. However when I search for a song ...
  • 789samgreen
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes