Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stop and start when my Google Pixel 7 is locked.

I am getting increasingly frustrated. Over the last week my songs just start and stop playing randomly when my phone screen is locked or when it times out and locks itself. It entirely defeats the purpose of a music app. I have unpaired and repaired ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am getting increasingly frustrated. Over the last week my songs just start and stop playing randomly when my phone screen is locked or when it times out and locks itself. It entirely defeats the pu...
  • Novy
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files transferred from PC now unplayable (older ones still working?!)

Plan: PremiumCountry: UKDevice: Samsung S21 (syncing with Windows 10 PC)Operating System: Android 11 (syncing to Windows 10 PC) My Question or Issue:After syncing/downloading local tracks (from a desktop PC to phone via WiFi) to either a playlist or ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK Device: Samsung S21 (syncing with Windows 10 PC) Operating System: Android 11 (syncing to Windows 10 PC)    My Question or Issue: After syncin...
  • jakebender118
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile] "You've discovered a Premium feature" pop up while on Premium

When ever I try to listen to Spotify, a "You discovered a premium feature" pops up not letting me listen to Spotify, and Yes I tried to log in and out a lot, How can I fix it? (I'm a free user account) (I live in Somalia)

• When ever I try to listen to Spotify, a "You discovered a premium feature" pops up not letting me listen to Spotify, and Yes I tried to log in and out a lot, How can I fix it? (I'm a free user accoun...
  • Susan_GP
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Premiums still getting ads?

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung A71 My Question or IssueI have a Spotify Premium account, but Spotify is still playing ads in between music. I understand that there are ads for podcasts, but this is in Spotify Music. Any way how to fix it? I just recently r...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung A71   My Question or Issue I have a Spotify Premium account, but Spotify is still playing ads in between music. I understand that there are ads for podcasts, bu...
  • artemxyzz
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lock screen, bluetooth controls break when the app is closed

When I close the spotify app, it continues to play in the background, but the lock screen and bluetooth controls stop working. When I open the app again the controls stay broken until I force restart the app. This means I have to force close the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I close the spotify app, it continues to play in the background, but the lock screen and bluetooth controls stop working. When I open the app again the controls stay broken until I force restart...
  • quasigod
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling doesn't work properly in playlists

PlanPremium (but doesn't matter)CountryGermany (but doesn't matter) DeviceOnePlus 3Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueIn the Spotify Android App, when I use the scroll bar in playlists at the very right, the scroll bar and my finger to...

matzel_0-1669543526322.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium (but doesn't matter) Country Germany (but doesn't matter)   Device OnePlus 3 Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue In the Spotify Android App, when I...
  • Ihatespotify67
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Widget doesn't load images on Android launchers

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceOnePlus 12, Samsung Galaxy S23 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 14 My Question or IssueThe Spotify widget does not show any images on Android launchers. This is an issue with the Spotify widget and not the launchers as this has...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device OnePlus 12, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Operating System Android 14   My Question or Issue The Spotify widget does not show any images on Android launchers...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle turn on by itself when connected to car.

When connected to car spotify gets crazy, at first no matter the status of shuffle it turns it on by itself. The second matter is that sometimes the music stops playing for seconds and gets back but with the shuffle turn on again. Also when skip or p...

• Visitor
  • When connected to car spotify gets crazy, at first no matter the status of shuffle it turns it on by itself. The second matter is that sometimes the music stops playing for seconds and gets back but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why only the home page can be displayed in the mobile client?

PlanPremiumCountryHongkongDeviceXiaomi MarbleOperating Systemandroid 14 My Question or IssueI cant connect to other pages. I tried switching networks,but it doesnt work.As shown in the picture, songs in the album cannot be displayed

• Plan Premium Country Hongkong Device Xiaomi Marble Operating System android 14   My Question or Issue I cant connect to other pages. I tried switching networks,but it doesnt work....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify causes significant battery drain on Pixel 8 Pro

Pixel 8 Pro, Android 14, Spotify Premium build 8.8.76.667, Sweden. Brand new phone and first day of use, and installed the app earlier today. Spotify has somehow managed to drain 38% (!) of battery with 4 minutes screen time and 4h 44 mins background...

• Regular
  • Pixel 8 Pro, Android 14, Spotify Premium build 8.8.76.667, Sweden.   Brand new phone and first day of use, and installed the app earlier today.  Spotify has somehow managed to drain 38% (...
  • cydoemos
  • Casual Listener
  • 87 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 87 replies
  • 20 likes

Let me permanently disable Smart Shuffle

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Pixel 3xl I do not want to use Smart Shuffle, at all, ever. For the past few months it has been screwing up my Liked Songs and it is extremely annoying. When I turn off shuffle because I am in a block of songs I want ...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Pixel 3xl   I do not want to use Smart Shuffle, at all, ever. For the past few months it has been screwing up my Liked Songs and it is extremely annoying. ...
  • JRMarsh
  • 25 replies
  • 226 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 226 likes

Superuser Contribution Random albums on widget

why is it showing me random albums from artists ive never listened too instead of my usual playlists

• Casual Listener
  • why is it showing me random albums from artists ive never listened too instead of my usual playlists
  • hzrgle
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists scrolls up to top everytime I close the app and reopen it

Everytime I close the app or close my phone the playlist will be scrolled back to the top of the list, resulting in me having to scroll down to where I was every time. I have cleared cash storage and reinstalled the app but it didn't help.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I close the app or close my phone the playlist will be scrolled back to the top of the list, resulting in me having to scroll down to where I was every time. I have cleared cash storage and...
  • Bangtanfox
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast queue changed or cleared

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy s23Operating SystemAndroid 14Spotify Version8.9.38.494 My IssueIt's a two part issue, but both parts seem to be linked to opening the app while connected to bluetooth.When listening to a podcasts b...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Samsung Galaxy s23 Operating System Android 14 Spotify Version 8.9.38.494   My Issue It's a two part issue, but both parts seem to b...
  • Dantpool
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Smart Shuffle function doesn't work

I have a Premium Individual Account but the smart shuffle function doesn't work. Before it did, but now it seems to be disappeared. Any suggestions to fix this problem?

• I have a Premium Individual Account but the smart shuffle function doesn't work. Before it did, but now it seems to be disappeared. Any suggestions to fix this problem?
  • zorgum
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [ANDROID] music keeps stopping when playing in the background

Everytime I open my app, it tells me to turn on the "allow to play in background" option but this has been switched on since I installed the app. Now I'm unable to listen to my music (both from the app and local files) because the app keeps stopping ...

• Music Fan
  • Everytime I open my app, it tells me to turn on the "allow to play in background" option but this has been switched on since I installed the app. Now I'm unable to listen to my music (both from the a...
  • Chri5lee
  • Visitor
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist repeats songs before other song have played on the list

PlanCurrently on the premium planCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S23 Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a playlist with over 81 hours of music and it continues to play repeat song prior to playing songs that still haven't been played...

• Plan Currently on the premium plan Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S23  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a playlist with over 81 hours of music and it co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Repeat songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android widget not working

PlanPremiumCountryChileDeviceSamsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1Operating SystemAndroid 14My Question or IssueThe widget is not working for me. I have a Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1 (the issue comes since One UI 6.0) and the Spotify version is 8.9...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Chile Device Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1 Operating System Android 14 My Question or Issue The widget is not working for me. I have a Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI ...
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes