Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No SD Card storage !!

Solved!

No SD Card storage !!

Hello evdb,

I just bought a SD Card for Spotify ... and realised it's not possible to use it with Spotify !

Hello guys .... We are in 2012 ! We need to use space as we want.

The "solution" is to downgrade Spotify, clear data, and add path to SD Card in the settings then upgrade to the latest version ...

If I had to search 10 mins more I woukd have unsubscribed to my premium account.

Who !? In your team decided to remove the SD Storage option ? Idiot !

72 Replies

You need to fix this crap guys. How much noise needs to be made on the forum?

I opened this subject in August and NO official reaction from Spotify !

Conclusion : they don't care !

I'm premium and some friends of mine stated they are really happy with other music services.

Time to test something else....

I'm gonne open a "new feature request" with a link to this subject ... may be they will know what we want ... no ?

The solution given IS NOT a solution for CUSTOMERS !

It's a teenager workaround ...

Give some Kudo's to this "idea". Maybe they'll take care of people givin' money for a premium account !

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/SD-Card-Storage-configuration/idi-p/188550

Please fix now. Premium user. Very angry about this when new to android.

I can type this everyday. I hope everyone else will.

I'd love the ability to change the default location without having to manually update the location via  a file viewer. 

What's the ETA for this feature? 

Thank you

ETA PLEASE...

Seriously.

How long does it take to roll out an update for this? Seriously, this has been suggested, agreed on by many people. An "official" idea was submitted multiple times - officialduplicate.

How long does it take for you to make this change really? You are literally losing existing customers, and preventing new customers from onboarding because this requirement isn't implimented yet.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Give us a timeline...now.

@ZoneHalo wrote:
Yes. Yes. Yes. Give us a timeline...now.

I'm very sorry but I'm afraid we can't give out timelines for app updates/new features. Whenever we've done this in the past something's come up which has pushed the date back, which leads to a lot of anger and frustration. I can give you our word though that the Android dev team are aware that this is a highly requested feature.

And also bear in mind that app releases don't work on the principle that we release a new version every time a single change is made. Rather, we bundle all the new fixes and features together to avoid users having to download a new app every week. As such, it's not just a matter of getting something developed, but also getting it into a release.

But again, we apologise for the time taken on this so far. We really do appreciate your patience.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

"And also bear in mind that app releases don't work on the principle that we release a new version every time a single change is made."

I'm sorry Richard, but this is not what Rorey has said, which is that there will be frequent releases with small bug fixes but that new features would take longer. So what is it? Are we back to New releases every 6 months again?

And don't try calling this a new feature, it is not. It was removed in April and has still not reappeared.

@SteveBrammer wrote:

"And also bear in mind that app releases don't work on the principle that we release a new version every time a single change is made."

I'm sorry Richard, but this is not what Rorey has said, which is that there will be frequent releases with small bug fixes but that new features would take longer. So what is it? Are we back to New releases every 6 months again?

And don't try calling this a new feature, it is not. It was removed in April and has still not reappeared.

I meant to make a more general point as to why we can't develop things and push them out in a single afternoon, which seems to be the impression sometimes.

And as ever, the Android team are working as hard as they can to get things done as quickly as they can. Any harder and they'd probably collapse.

Replace 'highly requested feature' with 'function in the old client that the team didn't have time to code into the new build of the app but are working hard to put back whilst also fixing new bugs as they are reported alongside developing new things' if you like.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I appreciate that the Android team is working hard, but what is frustrating is that although the last two releases of the Android app have been tagged as having lots of bug fixes, these all seem to be bugs that have only been reported by your internal QA because I can't find a single instance of a bug reported here in the forum (since the preview release in April) as being fixed. And since the quality of your release notes are so poor we don't even know what internally reported bugs have been fixed anyway. Why are the internally reported bugs being given a higher priority than the bugs reported here in the forum, and if they aren't then why does it appear that way? You would get fewer complaints and maybe some more sympathy if we could at least see one of the high profile bugs that were reported in the preview release in April getting fixed!

I'm just the messenger, Steve. I don't get to tell developers what to work on. 

All the feedback gets passed on though, apologies if it doesn't always appear that way.

Anyway, to bring the thread back on topic - we hear you guys! Hang in there.

Richard wrote:

"I meant to make a more general point as to why we can't develop things and push them out in a single afternoon, which seems to be the impression sometimes."

You've had more than 200 afternoons in which to fix this, how many do you need? Just saying....

This isn't a bug fix and something that needs to be fixed with a variety of things...its a CRITICAL update that needs to be restored.  Not a wish list, but a critical must have.  Some cell phones have 8 gbs.  But 32 or 64 gig cards.  Unacceptable.

There's things I want: Like turning off the default to the edited version of an album when you search by artist.  

You can only find the explicit version if you search album.  It'd be nice to reduce the number of repititions of albums and clean up searches by just having a feature: Default Listing - Edited, Explicit, Both.  Search cleaned up dramatically.  Songs you want much faster.  Simple.

But I digress.  That's a want...

Storage on my storage card is a necessity.

Agreed. Will keep trolling here til this gets done. Come on people. I tweeted about this too. Let's have some more action there too people.

Thanks for all the advice. I installed the old verion and set up the proper path for my card. I checked this by syncing a large playlist and logging on to the storage section of the android task manager. I was happy to see my usb storage space stay the same and my sd card decrease! Yay!! 

I then went onto the Google store and updated spotify. Went to check my playlists and downloaded another large one, just to test the system. Bad news, it's back to downloading on the phone's internal memory. What did I do wrong?

You got Spotify and thought they cared.

Things like the widget has zero function on my screen. (Galaxy Note 2 Jellybean). Some real basics.
The storage thing is not like getting a cup holder or GPS in your new car. Its like seeing a car on the lot with 4 wheels and buying it. They roll up with 3 wheels on the car and say here's your car. Thanks Spotify. I was on the beta on the PC. one of the first in the US. I've convinced more than a hundred friends and coworkers over these years to buy it. I will reverse path soon.

OK, weird but did it again and this time it worked!!!! Also, I forgot to mention, it might be useful for some people, I used this too:

http://www.julian-young.com/2011/04/21/finding-the-spotify-external-sd-location/

Suggested posts