No SD Card storage !!

Solved!

Re: No SD Card storage !!

manux
Gig Goer

SO ... Let's wait the next release.

User are able to submit new ideas. Devs and product owners should also get some kudos before removing something ;)

Seriously I must admint that for me and for a lot of people I think ... Spotify is the best music soft which was invented since Napster (and it's legal) so don't be "bad commercial politic" oriented ... but user oriented. 

You don't want people to store too much music ? (royalties or somehting else ?) Try to find a solution with the community not in your own.

David
Spotify Legend
The storage limit of tracks has always been in the region of 3,333 tracks per device, and each account can have a max of three devices.
Airhorn Enthusiast

manux
Gig Goer

We know that ... but we don't know the origin of this limitation (number of tracks)

Performance ? Legal ? Commercial ?

user-removed
Not applicable

It's all about license with record labels.

Kayvon
Casual Listener

The store limit of 3,333 tracks is actually a racially motivated move against Jamaicans and the Irish.

Disgusting.

(I'm joking)

user-removed
Not applicable

@RossF-B wrote:

Thanks for this.

Just attempted it. I did the following:

• My files
  • Scrolled down to 'external-sd' and selected this option.
  • Selected 'Create folder'
  • Created folder name: 'Test'
  • Opened this folder
  • Location given as:  /sdcard/external_sd/Test

Still no joy, am I doing something wrong? As this still appears to be the same pathway I entered earlier, but obviously without '/Test' and it still gave me the pop-up window showing: No such folder - The path you enter must exist.

Please do not include test path to Spotify. You need test folder only to know path to sd card.

So your path is /sdcard/external_sd/

If no joy, delete app and install it again. Then use this right path and see if this works.

jaydee
Casual Listener

it is beyond ridiculous now that this issue is still going on! it's been months, yet we still get the rehashed response of "it may be included in a future upgrade".. why is it taking so long to implement a feature that was once there to begin with? what is more upsetting is the fact that customer support has been terrible. i've been a paying member from the beginning, yet i received no response when emailing spotify support. it would help to ease your customers' concerns if a dev would just chime in once in a while to let us know what is really going on.

manux
Gig Goer

Juste received an update a few days ago .... no sd card config ...

Wait & see what "in a coming relase" means ...

BrentJSmith

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the steps.

chrisaglio

@hpguru wrote:

App is re-designed. This SD Card thing is coming in future update.

Workaround, download this version https://rapidshare.com/files/2999426550/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Some Android phones have both internal storage and an SD card slot. In order for Spotify to use the SD card for storage of offline playlists, you will need to manually specify which folder you want it to use. Please keep in mind that your offline playlists will need to be re-synced after doing this:

1. Download this apk file.
  2. Enable third part apps in Settings.
  3. Install this apk file.
  4. While at the login screen, press the hardware Menu key and select SD Location.
  5. Enter the path to a folder on the SD card.

Finding the exact path to your SD card can be done with a file manager and can differ between phones.

On the Samsung Galaxy S, for example, you should use:

/mnt/sdcard/external_sd

Spotify will then store tracks in this folder:

/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Android/Data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Go to Market and update Spotify to new without removing old version. Now you can delete Spotify's Storage in Cache from your phone's built-in memory card. You can find it with file manager, just search it from built-in memory card in Android - Data - Spotify - Cache - Storage folder. The new Storage folder is now in external Micro SD card, so you can delete this old Storage folder if still in built-in memory card.

All done!

SUGGESTED POSTS