No Search option on Main menu

Solved!

No Search option on Main menu

kartogu
Casual Listener

Hello all!

I've just downloaded the app today by first time in my Galaxy Fame and since then I'm having problems with Search option. I know it should appear above Explore option in top left corner menu, it appears only one time after login (I did it several times) then, after searching anything, it dissappears again.

I already tried turning off and on phone, take off battery, uninstall and reinstall, checked connection, erase data and cache, and in every try Search option appears only first time y star app and then dissappears again!

I already restarted device when troubleshooting in section B.
Android version 4.1.2
Account Premium 
Space left on your device... 1.10GB 
Space left on your External SD card 2.86GB 
Is your device rooted?I
No
Did you set your external SD card as storage location? No
 Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No 
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?Yes
My mobile Spotify version 3.1.0.1117
My mobile provider and country: Movistar Mexico
My username: kartogu
I'm logging in with Facebook login details.

Thank you in advance 🙂
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

liechtym
Casual Listener

It is happening to me too with the new update. 

Spotify version:  3.1.0.1117

Phone: Android Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)

Android version: 4.3

For those who are looking for a temporary fix while spotify irons out this bug, try pressing right above the "Browse" item in the main pullout menu. If you press in the right spot just above "Browse" and just below the Spotify bar, it will bring you to the search feature. This is because the "Search" menu item still exists, but it is hidden behind the top spotify bar. Only a couple pixels are selectable and no text shows whatsover for the search button. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey guys!

Spotify is aware of this problem and they are investigating.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon! Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

128 Replies

Hamadeus
I'm using Spotify Premium on my Sony Xperia phone, and all of a sudden, the Search option above Browse in the mini menu is gone. I can't search for music and on the only instance it came back, it disappeared right away again.

This is HUGELY frustrating. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I don't want to do it again and re-download 2000+ songs. Any help?

lawraWeltreich
Gig Goer

this happened to me a couple hours ago. I had to restart my phone.

I thought I had it figured out and I was going to give you some workaround but I checked again and it happened yet again...

try restarting the phone, that worked for me

edhernandez
Casual Listener

Thanks. It happened to me in a Samsung Galaxy tablet. Restarting worked fine. Weird anyway.

lawraWeltreich
Gig Goer

looks like this is a known issue.

if it happens again post your info here, just in case

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/No-Search-option-on-Main-menu/td-p/1159320

moonbunnyy
This is RIDICULOUS
I pay 10$ a month for this? I just switched over from an iPhone to a galaxy, and this is what I get. A Spotify app that doesn't do what its supposed to. When will this issue be fixed? Are you going to refund me for the missed experience ? No? Didn't think so. Get it to get her Spotify. I'm very displeased.

Gie663
Indeed, I'm also a premium user and it is completely unacceptable that you can't dispose of a proper search function. My interest is obscure jazz and forgotten 18th century composers. I'm quite at a lossnow ever to find a lot of music back.
Spotify : please re-introduce the search function rapidly !! I'm afraid that I turn to other providers otherwise.

Crisjimcas
On my android and with premium account suddenly the option to search for music had dissapear. I can explore playlists but I can not make a search. Someone had the same problem or can help me? Thank u all!

ghostjmf
Music Fan

We're discussing this in a thread about androids.  One poster says tapping a spot above "browse" brings the search icon back for them.  Doesn't work for me on my Alcatel Pop 7.  What I found is www.listenspotify.com.  This site gives a search window.  Typing your choice into it brings your choice magically into the real Spotify app.  

Spotify needs to fix this prob in the real app post haste in our opinion.  We don't know if they even know about it.  Or care.  Though of course they should, both.

Maxmegen
Casual Listener

Maxmegen
Casual Listener
I am using 3.1.1.1117 for android

anne819011
Phone asked me to update so I did to version 3.1.0.1117 and since that the search function has gone so cant search for the music I want to download. Can someone help? Read the trouble shooting about uninstalling but wont I lose all the music I have downloaded?
Samsung galaxy iii mini
SD card-0.97GB

gemstoneyes
But why does it happen?

cephalization
Community Legend

Hi @anne819011! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

For now, reinstalling the app is your best bet. Yes, you will loose your downloaded music but there is good news!

Music you have saved is tied to your account so all you have to do is log in, remark the playlists/albums you want to download and they will download right away!

It's an inconvienence, I know but all it takes for now is a little wifi and patientience to fix. Hope this helps!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Playlists
Accept my post as the solution if I was helpful!

adamthegardener

My android phone (Samsung S3) has lost the search bar! I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the spotify app but the search bar still goes missing. I turn off my phone and turn it back on and I get the search bar back (and logging off and back on again also gets my search bar back)...but only until I play one of my tracks..press on the track..then press the little arrow down symbol in the top left corner...then as I go back a page the search bar has disappeared! Pressing on the top left '3 lines' symbol only gives me choices of Browse at the top and 'your music' etc. In other words, this menu no longer has the search option after I've pressed on the little down arrow in the top left corner within an individual track.
What's going on? I could search a few days ago. I can't be expected to log off/log in every time I want to search for something???
Please respond asap with a fix. I'm going on holiday soon...and would like to use it!
Thank you for your help..

Kaupen8r
Casual Listener
I uninstalled and reinstalled and as soon as I have a single item under recent music the search bar is gone. The only fix is to delete all my data and again it only fixes it until after I play a single song..

Kaupen8r
Casual Listener
I have the same issue

LordRollin
Community Legend

Hello adam, this is a common issue that's been reported on the forums the last few days. I went ahead and passed this thread along to Spotify, and hopefully they'll have an answer for you all soon. I would suggest keeping an eye on that thread and seeing if any solutions get posted there. Cheers!

zigra
Casual Listener
Hi, i cant find my search bar at all. It is gone.
Its not that my connection is bad, i cant find it. It is nowhere. I ha e tried everything. Completly reinstalling phone and spotify twice.

What to do?

Jonahman10
Roadie

It seems like a lot of people have been having the same issue recently, as I have also after just updating to the most recent version of spotify, and according to @SpotifyCares on Twitter, it looks like there is a Spotify team is working on it. This thread, suggested that some people have been able to get search back by tapping above browse, though it hasn't worked for me. However, you can get some search functions by going to www.listenspotify.com and then searching, which will then open up in the spotify app.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

Classical Musicians Unite!

JesikaSLong
I paid for three months of Spotify Premium, I still have a month and a half left before it expires. I used to be able to search new music in the app, but now the search bar is non-existant. It's nowhere to be found. What's going on? My app is up to date by the way, and yes I do have an internet connection. The search bar is just nowhere to be found.

Jonahman10
Roadie

It seems like a lot of people have been having the same issue recently, as I have also after just updating to the most recent version of spotify, and according to @SpotifyCares on Twitter, it looks like there is a Spotify team is working on it. This thread, suggested that some people have been able to get search back by tapping above browse, though it hasn't worked for me. However, you can get some search functions by going to www.listenspotify.com and then searching, which will then open up in the spotify app.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

Classical Musicians Unite!
SUGGESTED POSTS