No Search option on Main menu

Solved!

No Search option on Main menu

kartogu
Casual Listener

Hello all!

I've just downloaded the app today by first time in my Galaxy Fame and since then I'm having problems with Search option. I know it should appear above Explore option in top left corner menu, it appears only one time after login (I did it several times) then, after searching anything, it dissappears again.

I already tried turning off and on phone, take off battery, uninstall and reinstall, checked connection, erase data and cache, and in every try Search option appears only first time y star app and then dissappears again!

I already restarted device when troubleshooting in section B.
Android version 4.1.2
Account Premium 
Space left on your device... 1.10GB 
Space left on your External SD card 2.86GB 
Is your device rooted?I
No
Did you set your external SD card as storage location? No
 Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No 
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?Yes
My mobile Spotify version 3.1.0.1117
My mobile provider and country: Movistar Mexico
My username: kartogu
I'm logging in with Facebook login details.

Thank you in advance 🙂
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

liechtym
Casual Listener

It is happening to me too with the new update. 

Spotify version:  3.1.0.1117

Phone: Android Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)

Android version: 4.3

For those who are looking for a temporary fix while spotify irons out this bug, try pressing right above the "Browse" item in the main pullout menu. If you press in the right spot just above "Browse" and just below the Spotify bar, it will bring you to the search feature. This is because the "Search" menu item still exists, but it is hidden behind the top spotify bar. Only a couple pixels are selectable and no text shows whatsover for the search button. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey guys!

Spotify is aware of this problem and they are investigating.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon! Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

128 Replies

Ivandihortga
Lately to want to search for a song or artist has become complicated, the search option disappears all time, only appears Browse, Activity, Radio, Your music, but the search does not appear, and I have days with the same problem. I use phone Samsung S4

ferdiacarr
I have the same problem. It's extremely annoying. Have to reset the app every time.

Kaupen8r
Casual Listener
The search feature keeps disappearing since the last update. The only fix is to delete all my music and it only fixes it for maybe thirty minutes. It really sucks that I'm about to be paying $10 a month and I can't even submit a support ticket ok or send someone a darn email. Common guys at least hire one **bleep** to read emails all day everyday you just might learn something and better your service.

Kaupen8r
Casual Listener
The search feature keeps disappearing since the last update. The only fix is to delete all my music and it only fixes it for maybe thirty minutes. It really sucks that I'm about to be paying $10 a month and I can't even submit a support ticket ok or send someone a darn email. Common guys at least hire one **bleep** to read emails all day everyday you just might learn something and better your service.

sutty120

I currently have Spotify Premium installed on my Andriod phone but there is no search fature anymore!! this is very annoying and a big mistake by Spotify in my opinion if they have removed this feature! There is no update available on the play store either that might rectify this. has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know wethere this feature will return and any idea when?

Kitty-1

Hi - has anyone else had a problem with the search function, which keeps disappearing?  Occasionally it comes back but for the last week or so it is mostly just not there.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it hasn't helped.

It means I can't search for songs or anything else outside of my playlist - very annoying. 

Cheers

littlejake
I've fallen to this too recently. Never had the problem before and it's really frustrating. I doubt Spotify read the hundreds of complaints on their store page so I thought I'd come here.

I'm using Android, Samsung Galaxy S3

Thecaymaster
Casual Listener
My spotify app for android 4.2.2 does not have the search option, please help

Pana

I don't think that a single one from Spotify is looking at this forum according to this and other posts about this problem.

Idk if they're ignoring this forum or simply don't care.

Maybe it's more helpful to write to the following mail address:

android-support@spotify.com

otti1
Casual Listener
Thanks, Pana

otti1
Casual Listener

No Search button available by the app? Is this a bug or a feature?

Fix it - quick! - or I'll go!

NO SEARCH - NO SUBSCRIPTION FURTHER!

chris15582
Casual Listener
Appears on android.. reinstall didnt help... android v4 samsun g2

Panantje
Casual Listener
Close the app and re open
This helps
But spotify must act quickly, is no service at all

zebul666

It's the same here on android 4.2 on my tablet. No search option

However the search shows up on my android 5.1 mobile.

chris15582
Casual Listener
Search wont appear looked for an hour... no human help... lost songs and playlists and other stuff before... these bugs annoy the hell put of me... they charge more than netflix and its a worse experience... put me in a well bad mood

Wont be joining spotify after trial your not worth £10 a month yet sorry

ragsnriches
No search here too. Please sort this Spotify. Long time full subscriber!!!!

sawshine

same problem with last upgrade cmon devs,fix it fast

Anocs
Casual Listener

Android 4.1.2 - Also search is missing !!! 

Panantje
Casual Listener
Closing the app and re opening it helps sometimes, but it's sh..
Hope they fix it really quickly

pscrafton
Casual Listener

Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 same issue here, this needs sorting quickly. 

Toggleee
4,2 on galazy S4 still no search function
SUGGESTED POSTS