Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Search option on Main menu

Solved!

No Search option on Main menu

Hello all!

I've just downloaded the app today by first time in my Galaxy Fame and since then I'm having problems with Search option. I know it should appear above Explore option in top left corner menu, it appears only one time after login (I did it several times) then, after searching anything, it dissappears again.

I already tried turning off and on phone, take off battery, uninstall and reinstall, checked connection, erase data and cache, and in every try Search option appears only first time y star app and then dissappears again!

I already restarted device when troubleshooting in section B.
Android version 4.1.2
Account Premium 
Space left on your device... 1.10GB 
Space left on your External SD card 2.86GB 
Is your device rooted?I
No
Did you set your external SD card as storage location? No
 Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No 
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?Yes
My mobile Spotify version 3.1.0.1117
My mobile provider and country: Movistar Mexico
My username: kartogu
I'm logging in with Facebook login details.

Thank you in advance 🙂
128 Replies

It seems like a lot of people have been having the same issue recently, as I have also after just updating to the most recent version of spotify, and according to @SpotifyCares on Twitter, it looks like there is a Spotify team is working on it. This thread, suggested that some people have been able to get search back by tapping above browse, though it hasn't worked for me. However, you can get some search functions by going to www.listenspotify.com and then searching, which will then open up in the spotify app.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

It seems like a lot of people have been having the same issue recently, as I have also after just updating to the most recent version of spotify, and according to @SpotifyCares on Twitter, it looks like there is a Spotify team is working on it. This thread, suggested that some people have been able to get search back by tapping above browse, though it hasn't worked for me. However, you can get some search functions by going to www.listenspotify.com and then searching, which will then open up in the spotify app.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

I have the same problem. It's extremely annoying. Have to reset the app every time.

It's the same here on android 4.2 on my tablet. No search option

However the search shows up on my android 5.1 mobile.

I am using Spotify app on an android phone. I have a premium account and have been using it fine for few months. Last week the search button disappeared from the menu screen. So it does not appear above the browse button and it means there is no way to search. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Please can you tell me how to make it work or if it is a bug (bad one) that will be fixed in the next update. Either way it makes my Spotify almost useless and I need an answer quickly? Thanks

The search feature keeps disappearing since the last update. The only fix is to delete all my music and it only fixes it for maybe thirty minutes. It really sucks that I'm about to be paying $10 a month and I can't even submit a support ticket ok or send someone a darn email. Common guys at least hire one **bleep** to read emails all day everyday you just might learn something and better your service.

The search feature keeps disappearing since the last update. The only fix is to delete all my music and it only fixes it for maybe thirty minutes. It really sucks that I'm about to be paying $10 a month and I can't even submit a support ticket ok or send someone a darn email. Common guys at least hire one **bleep** to read emails all day everyday you just might learn something and better your service.

I currently have Spotify Premium installed on my Andriod phone but there is no search fature anymore!! this is very annoying and a big mistake by Spotify in my opinion if they have removed this feature! There is no update available on the play store either that might rectify this. has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know wethere this feature will return and any idea when?

No Search button available by the app? Is this a bug or a feature?

Fix it - quick! - or I'll go!

NO SEARCH - NO SUBSCRIPTION FURTHER!

my search option desipeare!
Spotify can you tell me how to fix this problem with android Samsung Galaxy S3

Same here!

According to the first enquiry to this matter, there is already a solution.

I don't think that a single one from Spotify is looking at this forum according to this and other posts about this problem.

Idk if they're ignoring this forum or simply don't care.

Maybe it's more helpful to write to the following mail address:

android-support@spotify.com

Me too! Also premium user. This is a huge problem.

Hi - has anyone else had a problem with the search function, which keeps disappearing?  Occasionally it comes back but for the last week or so it is mostly just not there.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it hasn't helped.

It means I can't search for songs or anything else outside of my playlist - very annoying. 

Cheers

I've fallen to this too recently. Never had the problem before and it's really frustrating. I doubt Spotify read the hundreds of complaints on their store page so I thought I'd come here.

I'm using Android, Samsung Galaxy S3

Why it does't appear search in my menú?

It is my workaround.  Not a solution, as it doesn't work, at least not for me, for song search, only artist search (haven't yet tried album search).

I would like a fully functional search back.  My luck in finding what is probably a remnant of a former version of Spotify, one that worked, is not a solution, though its better than nothing.

I have been a premium user of spotify for a couple of months and i have to say i really enjoy it. However, yesterday i decided to upgrade the spotify app and i find it really dissapointing that they removed such an important tool.

You can get it temporarily back.

- Close all app activities by going to spotify and pressing Back button until back to desktop.

- Start Spotify by icon, not widget album image.

Search will be there until it breaks again.

Suggested posts