No Search option on Main menu

Solved!

No Search option on Main menu

kartogu
Casual Listener

Hello all!

I've just downloaded the app today by first time in my Galaxy Fame and since then I'm having problems with Search option. I know it should appear above Explore option in top left corner menu, it appears only one time after login (I did it several times) then, after searching anything, it dissappears again.

I already tried turning off and on phone, take off battery, uninstall and reinstall, checked connection, erase data and cache, and in every try Search option appears only first time y star app and then dissappears again!

I already restarted device when troubleshooting in section B.
Android version 4.1.2
Account Premium 
Space left on your device... 1.10GB 
Space left on your External SD card 2.86GB 
Is your device rooted?I
No
Did you set your external SD card as storage location? No
 Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No 
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?Yes
My mobile Spotify version 3.1.0.1117
My mobile provider and country: Movistar Mexico
My username: kartogu
I'm logging in with Facebook login details.

Thank you in advance 🙂
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

liechtym
Casual Listener

It is happening to me too with the new update. 

Spotify version:  3.1.0.1117

Phone: Android Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)

Android version: 4.3

For those who are looking for a temporary fix while spotify irons out this bug, try pressing right above the "Browse" item in the main pullout menu. If you press in the right spot just above "Browse" and just below the Spotify bar, it will bring you to the search feature. This is because the "Search" menu item still exists, but it is hidden behind the top spotify bar. Only a couple pixels are selectable and no text shows whatsover for the search button. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey guys!

Spotify is aware of this problem and they are investigating.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon! Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

128 Replies

simonfa
Same here

maxim_47
Music Fan

To be specifc: I'm on Android 4.3 and still the same issue as with posters above.

barrei
Casual Listener

So I logged back into the app this morning to find the search option there again.  Great! I thought, so they've fixed it already, well done spotify!

.....Nope it disappeared again literally a second later.   Eh....what the hell is going on?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app to see if that helped but all that did was to remove all of my downloaded tracks so I have to download 700+ songs again today...superb

spaceburglar
Music Fan
Same here. When are they going to do the fix? It's been a while now. And no overt recognition. As a paying customer I expect service and communication.

Gonzakpo
Casual Listener

Oh man... you Spotify devs are nailing it!! Way to go! I mean... how can anybody overlook this!!??? It seems you don't have any sort of quality control for your apps. Get your sh*t together Spotify or Apple will crush you.

Search function is missing on Android app.... yes.... UNBELIEVABLE.

barrei
Casual Listener

Same here and same version of Android.  Just disappeared this evening.  Incredibly frustrating!!

balamleonardo
Why it does't appear search in my menú?

libardo95
I have been a premium user of spotify for a couple of months and i have to say i really enjoy it. However, yesterday i decided to upgrade the spotify app and i find it really dissapointing that they removed such an important tool.

Kadaath

I have the same problem on my Android Smartphone.

sthalik

You can get it temporarily back.

- Close all app activities by going to spotify and pressing Back button until back to desktop.

- Start Spotify by icon, not widget album image.

Search will be there until it breaks again.

clausopera
my search option desipeare!
Spotify can you tell me how to fix this problem with android Samsung Galaxy S3

JLU_droid

According to the first enquiry to this matter, there is already a solution.

ghostjmf
Music Fan

It is my workaround.  Not a solution, as it doesn't work, at least not for me, for song search, only artist search (haven't yet tried album search).

I would like a fully functional search back.  My luck in finding what is probably a remnant of a former version of Spotify, one that worked, is not a solution, though its better than nothing.

mlpappas

I'm fairly new to Spotify and this started happening almost straight away. Pathetic. And I'm cynical enough to think that it may be their way of pushing you to "browse" new music and artists. Follow the money. They either fix this soon or I'm outta here.

ghostjmf
Music Fan

I don't imagine its intentional.  The person on the other thread says they just need to move "search" 40 pixels (or whatever) down in their new format to make it visible on Androids.  Its just incredibly sloppy programming not to test on all major platforms before you foist it on them.

And callous not to have fixed it already.  I'm not going to de-install & re-install every day in hopes of a magic fix.  It could make it even worse.  If somebody else wants to test this, please tell us.î

Deanofgreens
Casual Listener
For the love of God respond to this Spotify! What the hell is this? Can't search for music on MUSIC PLAYER. And I pay money for this. You. There is no customer support number, so the only way to resolve this is on this forum. I post and don't even get a solution. Absolutely ridiculous. Cancelling my account ASAP unless you fix this problem so I can listen to what I want. I've been a customer for years

LordRollin
Community Legend

Hello all, I've gone ahead and passed this along to Spotify, and hopefully they'll have something for you all soon. 

ghostjmf
Music Fan

There are several threads here about this. If the last person actually knows how to get Spotify to act instead of having us all tell each other how we're screwed, which it seems is what this forum is for, more power to them.

Someone in another thread says tapping above "browse" brings search back. Doesn't work on my Alcatel tablet.

Whst does work, but only for artists, not songs (haven't yet tried it for album titles) is www.listenspotify.com, which will respond to an artist put in its search box with a list of albums.  Select one & it will be brought into actual Spotify.

jeiching
Just opened mine after days. Used to search different artists but now the search bar is niwhere to be found. Is this a new update??

df190820
VERY ANNOYING. I would very much like to listen to what I want not only what Spotify thinks I may want to listen to or things I have previously listened to.

DeRuijter
Regular
how can they ruin such basic and important feature????

wtf?
SUGGESTED POSTS