Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No error for broken SD card

No error for broken SD card

I currently have the problem that my downloaded Spotify playlists keep losing their download setting. I have reasonable certainty this is caused by a broken SD card, so that's not directly a Spotify problem.

However, there was no error. No notification or nothing to indicate that anything was wrong. I'm lucky I have restricted background data in my data usage settings so Spotiofy simply became unreliable and buggy, because else I wouldn't have noticed a thing untill my mobile data provider sent me my first warning that I was getting close to the data limit.

I have checked the problem against the solutions for similar problems I could find.

I wasn't kicked out of Premium when it happened although I did have to log on again. I used Facebook logon, while my account was not originally created with a FB account.

I have plenty of space available (53 GB free) so that's not the cause either. I think it's a broken SD card.

This is the second time this has happened. Last time I replaced the SD card and everything worked again so I forgot about it. Back then I wasn't in my own country so the problem was rather large but I can't blame Spotify for a broken SD card on my end, just how the software deals with the problem.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295

Kernel version: 3.4.0-5115675

Account: Premium

Spotify version: darn nearly unreadable as it is very dark grey on a black background. I think it says 6.3.0.882 armV7 but it hurts my eyes.

2 Replies

@Neil_Boekend wrote:

I currently have the problem that my downloaded Spotify playlists keep losing their download setting. I have reasonable certainty this is caused by a broken SD card, so that's not directly a Spotify problem.

However, there was no error. No notification or nothing to indicate that anything was wrong. I'm lucky I have restricted background data in my data usage settings so Spotiofy simply became unreliable and buggy, because else I wouldn't have noticed a thing untill my mobile data provider sent me my first warning that I was getting close to the data limit.

I have checked the problem against the solutions for similar problems I could find.

I wasn't kicked out of Premium when it happened although I did have to log on again. I used Facebook logon, while my account was not originally created with a FB account.

I have plenty of space available (53 GB free) so that's not the cause either. I think it's a broken SD card.

This is the second time this has happened. Last time I replaced the SD card and everything worked again so I forgot about it. Back then I wasn't in my own country so the problem was rather large but I can't blame Spotify for a broken SD card on my end, just how the software deals with the problem.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295

Kernel version: 3.4.0-5115675

Account: Premium

Spotify version: darn nearly unreadable as it is very dark grey on a black background. I think it says 6.3.0.882 armV7 but it hurts my eyes.

Hi @Neil_Boekend! Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

Spotify can't detect if the SD card is broken or not, all it can do is if it can't access the external storage device is remove your downloaded status. And also, 6.3.0.882 is a fairly old version. I'd suggest updating to the latest version in the Play Store, which is  7.0.0.1369.

So it can detect a problem: First it had an SD card and then it couldn't access it anymore. You are describing how it can find it.

It even does it, by your own post: only it removes the downloaded status while IMHO it should throw an error (because there is a hardware problem).

Suggested posts