Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No option storage in settings

Solved!

No option storage in settings

Hi:

My android smartphone is a LG X150, with Android 5.0.2. I´ve a microSD card 4 GB. I'm premium user. I try change the device storage to SD card, but the option Storage in settings menu is disappeared.

I have reinstalled the apps, clear cache, data, etc, but it isn't the solution.

Please, help me. My Internal memory is very little and can't download music.

Thanks and sorry my languaje.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Go to Settings - Storage - SD Card - Click Three Dots - Settings - Format as Portable Storage.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi @carrocho, welcome to the community!

Please go to Settings, select Apps --- Spotify --- Clear Cache --- Clear Data and Uninstall.

Then go to Settings, select Storage, select Unmount SD Card For Safe Removal & remove SD card.

Leave it out while you reinstall Spotify.

Check to make sure it's working correctly, if so, turn off phone, reinstall SD card, power on phone and you should be good to go.

Let me know if it works!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, but don't work. Any idea?

Don't worry @carrocho,

take a look here and see if you find any useful tips for your case.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can also confirm you may need to upgrade your Sd Card. My old one was slow and didn't keep up with the new app. My storage option returned when I popped in an extra faster card for my GoPro.

Is not working for me too, Storage Menu is lost!, i have installed a brand new memory that works fine for all except for spotify

In my case, if your device allows you to "format as internal storage" the SD card, spotify will not recognize it anymore once formatted as internal and also won't use it when downloading songs. 

I reformated it as not internal storage and it works.

Ahah! Finally, someone has come up with an answer for me. I have tried everything that other people have suggested but so far nothing has worked. But now that you have said this, I formatted as portable storage and it works fine!

Thankyou.

How to reformatted it as a portable me ory card? Help please

Marked as solution

Go to Settings - Storage - SD Card - Click Three Dots - Settings - Format as Portable Storage.

I have the same problem. There's also no option to format the sd card. It's just there!

When a card is installed as internal, this can't be a solution, to format it again as separate memory card. To save offline content on the SD must also work with cards that are set as extension to the internal memory.

Dear spotify team, please fix this. Thank you!

Hi the steps I did are different but probably worth to mention as I wanted to avoid to format my SD card since I have lots of different data in it.

1 - Cleared the Downloaded data from the Spotify option menu (It will not delete any of your playlist don't worry)

2 - From the Android app menu I went to Spotify, removed all the stored data which is under the Storage option of the installer menu, Uninstalled the Application

3 - Re-installed Spotify

The above steps worked, at least for me, if the cause of your problem is the same...it should work also for you.

Hi, Do you know how works that configuration in a "Xiaomi Redmi 2" Phone?

Thank's

My phone is Sony Xperia XA1 Plus, with 64GB micro sd inserted. I have premium spotify account. I have already set the micro sd as the default write disk in the system settings. I have also tried to uninstall the spotify app, but cannot, it seems to be a built in app, so i could just uninstall the updates. After uninstalling the updates, i logged in and check but there still no option for storage. So i redownloaded from playstore to make sure im using the most recent, then relogged in, still no storage selection. Btw i log out everytime i uninstall and i also delete cache and data before uninstalling just to make sure. I believe theres nothing wrong with my sd card as the pictures that i take automaticall gets stored in the sd card.. Please heeelllppp. Ive attached a screen shot for your reference. 

_20180403_212550.JPG

I completely agree: this should be fixed. Integrating the SD card should certainly not make it invisible / unusable for spotify. 

Suggested posts