Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notification and lock screen controls not available on Android 7.0 Nougat

Notification and lock screen controls not available on Android 7.0 Nougat

Music controls in the notification shade and lock screen only work about half the time. The app has full notification permissions, and battery optimization is off.

Also, streaming to my Chromecast Audio cuts out often. Streaming from my desktop works fine.
88 Replies

Ugh.. Came here to find out if there's a solution, only saw that 6 pages of people have the same problem... Well, just hope that emui 5.1 will fix this... It starts to get more annoying every minute...

Note 5 nougat update. Today is Thursday may 4th. Mañana es cinco de mayo.

Here it goes

Settings>lock screen and security>notifications>either select the app Spotify or enable all.

That should bring the Spotify play controls back on lock screen without unlocking screen or widgets. My phone just upgraded to nougat and found myself almost smashing the phone in frustration from noth having it on lock screen.

Hope I helped yall

I have exactly the same problem and this has been going for so long and because of the weirdness of this problem I couldn't even make a decent search on the web. I'm really glad that people having the same problem with me. Now next step I need a solution for this, anyone ??

This has been getting on my nerves for so long, the lock screen wiget is completely bugged, even the scroll-down bar doesn't work as intended (shows only half of the widget, not responding properly etc.) Step up your game, Spotify!!!

Solution : https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-8/general/adding-apps-to-music-lockscreen-root-t3442538

But we have to root our phone.. 😞

It means that it's Huawei who decided to block spotify...

why the F would they block spotify but allow f.e google music. it just does not make any **bleep** sense. now i have to root my one-month-old phone to get the app working properly? 

Got a solution that worked for me ( Huawei P9 Lite). Not perfect, but it gets the job done for now.
Go to Settings>Notifications and status bar>Notifications management>Select Spotify and turn on Lock Screen.

Hope that helps.

@JustARandomStan - but we have widget on lock screen, it just behaves wrong

Widget works on lock screen but there is no full album art as there used to be

That's true, that there is no album cover art on locked screen. However, on (not only) mine Honor 8 and some other Huawei phones, the lockscreen widget acts weird and doesn't function properly. I posted what it does, several pages back in this thread.

Yes, the non-existent album cover is the least of our problems. The lock
screen widget doesn't function properly and it's been like this for over 3
months. No fixes even with the latest emui updates.

Yes, the non-existent album cover is the least of our problems. The lock
screen widget doesn't function properly and it's been like this for over 3
months. No fixes even with the latest emui updates.

@AdrianTi - Few minutes ago, I just received Honor8 update to FRD-L09C432B389 and now the spotify lockscreen widget IS WORKING! (no factory reset) At least for now, it functions properly and will see for how long.

Yes, the same for me!! yay, so happy

I hope this goes for the cover widget too. I can't understand why Spotify wouldn't inform us of a fix coming instead of just letting us fume.

Personally I just got B381 a week ago.

I have the same Update, but it is still **bleep**... Did You get the album art thingie back??

Just got my Honor 8 yesterday and album art was visible! It looked stunning, but now it's suddenly gone. Just downloaded the newest EMUI update and the widget is working, but no album art... Anyone else got that working yet?

As far as I am concerned, the album art was available only on previous EMUI 4.1 on Android 6. Now with EMUI 5.0 and Android 7, it is not possible.

I had problem that Spotify didn't show up on lock screen at all even I had all notifications allowed. Then I tried different theme on my phone and after it I had Spotify on lock screen and everything works well. Phone is Honor 7 with Android 6  (EMUI 4.0.3).

WAS THERE ANY SOLUTION? Still happening to me in Android 7 nougat. Nothing. Nada.

Suggested posts