Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode

Solved!

Offline mode

I have an HTC One m8 at&t and when everyday the days till I need to go offline decrease even though I am online most of the time, Android version 4.4.2

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It was counting down till the day it switched from yearly to monthly payments and it fixed itself when it switched over. Mark it as solved

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Is your phone rooted? If not I assume you mean the cache is on external SD card as the app can't be moved. Is offline mode turned on iin spotify's settings?

No the cache is not on SD, phone is not rotted, offline mode is off in settings

Can you try reinstalling spotify to see if that fixes this for you please.

Nope, all that did was make me have to redownload my Playlist.

So you say the offline days count down even though you use spotify every day in online mode with an internet connection or am I misunderstanding? They should count down until you play a track or two with offline mode turned off and with an internet connection.

That is correct

It said I had 6 days before I have to go online yesterday & today it is at 5 even though I have had Sporify online yesterday and today

That is odd. Just make sure to do a full wipe/re-install as per the troubleshooting guide (or there's a guide in my sig). If still the issue arises then I would contact support to check your account as it may be something behind the scenes.

Contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I have removed and reinstalled the app which did not help, and emailed them with a link to this post.

Good Luck

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Just one thought @cpatrick08 have you used some non-stock way to actually move the spotify music app (not the spotify cache) to you external SD card? If so, I would suggest you move it back to internal storage and see if the problem goes away. Spotify music isn't desogned to run external storage and relocating it could cause various problems.

Marked as solution

It was counting down till the day it switched from yearly to monthly payments and it fixed itself when it switched over. Mark it as solved

Suggested posts