Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Opt Out of Android Beta

Opt Out of Android Beta

Hi,

I would like to opt out of the Android Beta, is there anyway to do this? I have been through the settings in Spotify on my phone, desktop app and web app but cannot find an option. I have also tried uninstalling the app but it seems the beta program is linked to my account.

Reason is that Spotify crashes mid song a lot of the time which is pretty frustrating and I am hoping the stable version will not.

Phone is: Meizu M2 Note - Android 5.1

Spotify Version: 4.5.0.809 BETA

Thanks 

Wil

4 Replies

@wilbarclay wrote:

Hi,

I would like to opt out of the Android Beta, is there anyway to do this? I have been through the settings in Spotify on my phone, desktop app and web app but cannot find an option. I have also tried uninstalling the app but it seems the beta program is linked to my account.

Reason is that Spotify crashes mid song a lot of the time which is pretty frustrating and I am hoping the stable version will not.

Phone is: Meizu M2 Note - Android 5.1

Spotify Version: 4.5.0.809 BETA

Thanks 

Wil

Visit https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.spotify.music and click "Leave the program", uninstall Spotify app and install it again from Google Play.

Thanks for the reply.

I get this page though:

App not available for this account

Your account isn't currently eligible for this app's testing program.

If you've been invited to become a tester, make sure you're signed in to the account that was invited to the testing program. If you've been invited to a Google Group or Google+ Community as part of the program, make sure you've joined the Group or Community.

Hey @wilbarclay and welcome to the community.

Are you sure that it's the account that received the invitation? It looks like a different one.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hi Jordi,

I dont remember receiving any invitation, just an option to be part of the BETA program when i first installed Spotify.

If i uninstall spotify and the re-install, i get the stable version for about 5 mins and then it goes back to the BETA version.

Cheers.

Suggested posts