Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Overnight metallic sound

Overnight metallic sound

On a Z5, premium user.

Everything was fine when I went to bed (playing as I go to sleep), woke up in the middle of the night and everything has a metallic sounds to it, completely messed up. Helium and slowish? Dunno how else to describe it.

Plays fine on my laptop, it's the same with two headsets and from the phone speakers. YouTube plays with no problems so it's not my phone. Tried resetting and reinstalling, pretty sure I've not done anything to any setting as it happend when I was asleep.

Help? Pretty close to slamming my phone against the wall and hoping for the best at this point.
3 Replies

@Oscar841

See if a clean reinstall helps, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. I tried that, no luck Im afraid 😞 

I did however delete all of my playlists and re-added everything, it worked for a day, now everything is back to the metallic sound. However now the problem seems to be going on everywhere and not just on my phone, its on my laptop and tablet as well. 

Any ideas? Everything else plays fine with no sound issues, movies, youtube etc, its only in spotify that I have this problem and now that its everywhere Im even more confused.

@Oscar841

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts