Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play button on the left? Previous/Next button in the middle? please help!

Solved!

Play button on the left? Previous/Next button in the middle? please help!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S20 FE

Operating System

Android ver. 12

My Question or Issue

I'm not sure why/when it happened, but today I noticed that the control buttons are rearranged! I've already tried reinstalling spotify, disable the canvas loop, nothing seems to be fixing it. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this please let me know! 

86 Replies

Same problem for me, just noticed it on my Huawei P20 Lite.
But I also think that's it's bad, the classic one is a lot better and looks fresh, this one looks awful.

Why is it even like that the last one was good but this one is a mistake of humanity

Screenshot_20220513-124530_Spotify.jpg

Yes! Mine looks like this as well and it's horrible! Please revert the changes Spotify!

Screenshot_20220513-185548_Spotify.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 12  

My Question or Issue

Starting about 3 days ago, my entire full-screen playing controls have been moved into the most nonsensical and ugly positions imaginable. I have tried signing out and in, restarting my phone and the app but nothing works. As far as I have seen, all of those around me with Iphones are unaffected, as well as desktops.

broken spotify.png

Plan

Premium

Country

European Union

Device

Huawei P30

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

since a few hours, on Android when using the full screen mode for a song, the navigation buttons have shuffled positions in a way that's so counterintuitive that makes me believe (or rather, hope) that it's a bug rather than a new UI redesign... the "share" button in place of where the like button used to be, paired with the weird alignment of the pause/play and backwards/forward buttons feels unconfortable to use, especially the pause/play one, since that was the one that I used the most. The small size of the repeat/shuffle buttons is also a problem, especially when using the phone with one hand, it's really unconfortable to use.

The UI hasn't changed on desktop, thankfully, and it seems to haven't changed on my iOS device either, but I've put it on airplane mode to prevent it from updating if it's really a conscious UI change rather than a bug

a.jpg

This change is absolutely pointless and does nothing but go against common sense and adds nothing. 

No edit comment function? 

If anything just have an option to select middle, left aligned and right aligned. 

I actually quite like the look of the left-align design, but yeah already I've pressed back when I meant to skip song, and it's now very hard to press with my right thumb holding my phone one-handed.

Pls no change mr ek thx

(OnePlus 7T android 11)

Yes this new design is horrible! It looks like a software bug and makes using the app with one hand difficult.

I have confirmed with four members of the support team (with screenshots) that this change is intentional design. What kind of mickey mouse UX team is Spotify running? This is embarrassingly bad design. Can't run the app one handed anymore.

The first Spotify rep saw a screenshot and actually tried to troubleshoot it because they thought it was a bug like I did.

Also fyi support can't revert this and only some users are getting stuck with it.

This is stupid and pointless, please but the play pause button in between the rev and fwd buttons like on every other player ever made. The play button in the middle goes all the way back to the 1st cassette players. Somethings just cannot be and should be changed, this would be one of them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: whoever is in charge at Spotify for development and design needs to be replaced immediately 

Yep, seems to be some misguided attempt at "fixing" the UI. I'm guessing so people don't unlike songs by accident, since that's the only button on one side... except it breaks convention of decades of transport controls.

same for galaxy a22 it's so awful 

Yes please revert this. I don't like the new layout!

Screenshot_20220515-035544_Spotify.jpg

Same glitch/update on my Samsung Galaxy S9. I hate it, the change is completely illogical since it is so easy to bump the "play next" button instead of the "replay" button and vice versa. I hope this is unintentional or a test by the devs that fails since it really messes me up. 

I thought it was a bug in my OPPO Reno3 Pro, but seems like it's happening to everyone. This layout is just too weird and uncomfortable.

This is happening to me too, on a Google Pixel 3, Android 12 AND my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017), Android 9. I reached out to their Twitter and they confirmed the same that it's pretty much a random testing they're going to keep doing on unsuspected users (both free AND paid Spotify Premium / Family users).

Honestly, it's going to take prayers AND answers from Spotify themselves and their testing/UI/UX team to figure this out. They really shouldn't mess with something that was already working fine before!

I'm right handed, so on my fairly large phone it's hard to even pause in one hand with this change. What possible use case is this for? Now I have to go fool around with sketchy .APK files and rollback apps because I refuse to screw with this interface. Awful beyond compare.

Thank god I'm not the only one with this weird problem with an android phone lol. I tried login with other android phone as well and this problem is there too. Dear Spotify developers, please fix this !!!!

Screenshot_20220514-204837_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts