Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing Multiple Playlists

Playing Multiple Playlists

Is there any way to configure Spotify to play multiple playlists, one after the other?
5 Replies

That's not currently possible I'm afraid. Have you checked to see if that Idea already exists in the Ideas section? If it does then add your Kudos to show your support. If not, create a new idea and if it gets enough Kudos it may well happen!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

You can create a playlist folder in the desktop client and move all your playlists or only the ones you want into that folder by drag & drop. Then you can play the whole folder either normally (one playlist after the after) or in shuffle mode which plays all tracks from all playlists in that folder randomly. This should also work in all mobile apps if you have a Premium account (free users only have the shuffle mode, as far as I know), but creating folders and moving playlists would afford the desktop software.

Why is it that after 10 years of requests for this feature, it still doesn't work?  Is it because Pandora has a patent on the process of randomizing (shuffling) multiple playlists in a streaming player, so Spotify can't do it? Or is it that Spotify programmers are that inept?

Yes, I put multiple playlists into a folder on the desktop (Windows) app.  When I went to try and play the first song, I had to choose one of those playlists.  The queue only showed that playlist.  Other posts had suggested that Android (at least) wouldn't be able to start playing my "random" playlist and I'd have to start it on Windows and then start streaming that session on my Android.  Nope, same result. I can see all the playlists in my "random" folder, but I still can only play one at a time, even with "randomize playlist" and "continue playing similar songs after this playlist is over" on (as well as off to test it).   No randomization across multiple playlists as Pandora has been able to do *In-app* since at least 2010. 

Hi there @netgnome,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

When I click the "Play" button in a folder with playlists, I get this error.

I'm using the Linux desktop client.

Suggested posts