Premium - Student

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

My favourite podcast (I Hate It But I Love It) has disappeared! While streaming an episode, I tapped "go to podcast" and got the "there's nothing here" error. I could still see the streaming episode in "now playing" but when it ended it disappeared, too. The podcast doesn't appear under my podcast list anymore, and doesn't show up in search results. I was able to search one of their old episodes, but "go to podcast" didn't work there, either. My other pods seem fine. My app is up to date.

I have tried:

• Restarting the app
  • Restarting my phone
  • Reinstalling the app
  • Searching the podcast

It's really annoying, please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We just wanted to follow-up on and confirm the response from our Creator Support team which some of you might have already received after enquiring about why your podcast has been taken down. We're copying it below for clarity:

Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor. We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

If you're a podcast creator and are experiencing an issue with your podcast on Spotify, make sure to head over to Spotify for Podcasters.

If you listen to a podcast and are experiencing an issue with it, make sure to search the Help and Music Chat sections for relevant threads. If you can't find an answer there, then feel free to start a new thread in the Content Questions board.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

I just had a similar problem on my Android phone. I have a premium Spotify account.

I had been listening to a podcast series for a few months and I had downloaded a few hundred episodes. Yesterday I found that the podcast "show" had completely disappeared from my library together with all the downloads. I searched for the podcast and added it to my library again but it's lost all my listening progress and my downloads are not there.

This is really frustrating. I won't be using Spotify for podcasts anymore if this doesn't get sorted out quickly.

Huawei Mate 20 Lite

Android 9

Latest Spotify version

Hey guys,

Thanks for giving such a detailed explanation and for taking the effort to fix this! 

We aim to have a wide variety of music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Keep in mind that we add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. 

Hope that sheds some light on the subject 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Man oh man.
I have the same issue as of right now. It made me so sad when I realized that my favorite "Motivational Mashup" was gone from my offline content and my played podcast. That was my vitamin for life, actually days ago they added more to that list and now they are all gone and Spotify didn't mention it. Not even a message. This is just enough for me to cancel my account and move on to iTunes, that tells you how much those Motivational Mashups mean to me. If they ever come back I will record them, old-school never fails.

My podcast is back and so are the downloads!
Thanks for fixing it. In the meantime I moved to a different podcast client but it's nice to see it's been fixed.

Hello.

I have a similar problem... But with my own podcast.

Yesterday it disappeared from Spotify.

I've sent emails to contact support, but no solution yet.

Thanks for your help.

I noticed my own podcast also doesn't show up any more. Re-submitting I received a notice it exists already though. Emailed podcaster-support@spotify.com

did you have dj music mix or a radio show kind of podcast?

Spotify has removed all music related podcasts as they aren't supporting them anymore. 

Where is it written?

This is a reply I got from my own post...

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

We have removed your podcast from Spotify for Podcasters. Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. 

In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor.

We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

We hope this clears things up. 

All the best,
Justin

Why does Spotify keep removing any DJ mixes related podcasts? It’s SO annoying and frustrating, it’s almost like each podcast related to DJ’s mixing that I find and listen to is instantly removed, Why is that? Please reply anyone 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yes in deed. I think this is not the right way forward for Spotify platform because it cannot dictate a change in general consensus that WELCOMES everybody (all artists) mixtapes / livesets / DJ mixes. Such mixes are artistically mixed together. It is not a playlist or sharing a playlist where each track must get royalties. Just detect Crossfaded mixes and exclude these somehow.

Also please look up definition of podcast in the dictionary. It includes DJ mixes and even if Spotify spent 650 Million USD in Podcast segment recently, Spotify may not dictate that this channel is to exclude DJ mixes. Absolute no go and stabbing to consumers / publishers. My DJ mixes project is non-profit and I doubt commercial projects earn substantial amounts. DJ mix Podcasts are a gift and giving back. Now the experience of Spotify is ruined and I doubt anyone is happy. Just an easy way out for Spotify. Come on guys... detect and exclude crossfaded “playlists” but keep proper DJ sets, please?

Podcasts like “DJ Rashaun, DJ Scene, DJ Boat, DJ Shinski, DJ Phreakueny and DJ Showtime have all been removed from Spotify, I downloaded some mixes from those podcasts, but even those were taken down, Why do they keep vanishing and reappearing?  I miss these podcasts SO much! 
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We just wanted to follow-up on and confirm the response from our Creator Support team which some of you might have already received after enquiring about why your podcast has been taken down. We're copying it below for clarity:

Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor. We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

If you're a podcast creator and are experiencing an issue with your podcast on Spotify, make sure to head over to Spotify for Podcasters.

If you listen to a podcast and are experiencing an issue with it, make sure to search the Help and Music Chat sections for relevant threads. If you can't find an answer there, then feel free to start a new thread in the Content Questions board.

Cheers!

It is an absolute no-go and disappointment. DJ mix is not a channel for Distribution. I explained, that Spotify must distinguish between crossfaded playlists (not cool) and real DJ mixes. You cannot make a Podasting feature and say DJ mixes don't belong to Podcasting.

Hi there,

I have been hosting a DJ podcast for the past 5 months (these are DJ mixes which uses audio that is not my own, but I disclose a full tracklist and state that all copyrights go to the artists featured).

I noticed today that all my podcasts had disappeared - I haven't received an email notifying me of this, I was wondering whether my episodes where taken down because of copyright issues somehow?

I have looked in the Provider Directory, but I couldn't seem to see any providers that dealt with DJ's mixing music that isn't there own, is there any available through yourselves?

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben, I have similar case, less formal. Yes, Spotify takes down without notifications. I do not think there were legal issues, just simple delete. Please notify me when you find DJ-sets managers in the Directory. Then I am ready to returnt to Spotify. Thank you in advance

I gave up on this company after they removed the best motivational mashups. I am so glad I recorded most of them.
I don’t even use the free version of Spotify.

Thanks Spotify, I make sure people are aware of your shitty movements.

Suggested posts