Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium User forced to shuffle

Solved!

Premium User forced to shuffle

Hi,

I am nearly at my wits end.  I am a Premium user and never had any issues until the latest update.  I run Spotify on my MacBook Pro, Samung Galaxy Tab 3.0, and Samsung S3 phone.  I consider myself tech savvy but for the life of me cannot get rid of the shuffle play on my tablet or phone despite the fact that I am a Premium user.

I have tried removing offline devices, logging out and back in, I have double checked my subscription is Premium, I have searched for help, what more do I need to do?  I am extremely frustrated to the point that I want to cancel if this doesn't get fixed.  Furthermore I cannot open on my MacBook because it keeps crashing my system.

Please someone help.

37 Replies

The solution for me, after some experiments, googling and reading, was to tap on the played song - new screen with song and album appears - and there I could disable "shuffle" (still don't know how I enabled "shuffle"). Bad Spotify - more misstakes like that and it's Wimp for me.

I cannot turn off shuffle. I have a subscription, but when I go to turn off the shuffle it tells me to upgrade. I followed the advice to reinstall the app, which changed the account to subscription, but still can't turn off shuffle. The whole shuffle UI here is really terrible. If this isn't fixed soon, I'll be going back to rdio.

Same problem , started on mar 28 , im on premium , cant disable shuffle and it tells me to get premium all my songs are now undownloaded , spotify says they resolved the problem but its not resolved , anyway thats pretty bad want to listen to the music , fckn cant for 3 days now , cmon guys fix the problem ;(

Please, check on your account that you're on premium, there's currently an issue with premium suscribers.

My pre paid premium ends on march 31 , problem is not solved , although they say it is resolved , I logged out and reinstalled the app , still nothing ...

yeah guys , you fixed it, everything is working and I hope it stays like this 😉 next month premium subscription is for free I guess 😉

darn, now what. What happen with Spotify....

Im premium user for a long time, but the cant turn off the shuffle symbol (twisted arrows) but I can turn on/off repeat.

No idea why spotify want us to shuffle so badly, but at least there was a posibility to turn in off in a album. 

Finally googled to figure out how to turn off shuffle mode.
Not a good change. Put it back the way it use to be please.
Make the shuffle bar toggle like it used to. I pay premium, shuffle should not be default like with free play!
PS: When I recently resubscribed on my new phone played one of my lists and it didn't shuffle. They fixed it WOOT! Been suffering in shuffle mode for a month. 😞

I have two spotfy Premium accounts, and this issue with this miserable "SHUFFLE" button drives me crazy.

I don't want to shuffle my playlists. And I certainly don't want Spotify me to decide for me that SHUFFLE is the best way to play back a playlist.

Now, I can only start a playlist (or an album) by hitting the SHUFFLE button.

Then, I have to hitt the song that starts playing, and there, I have to turn of manually the shuffle option.

Also, when the SHUFFLE did not start at the first song of the playlist, I have to RETURN MANUALLY TO THE FIRST SONG.

I have to do this EVERYTIME AGAIN I launch Spotify.

This can easily be solved by adding a "default playback mode" in the user setting.

Spotify, please do so, since this is driving me (and a lot of other users I know) absolutely angry!! 

It seems that the folks at Spotify don't give a f**k about what we have to
say. The only responses we ever receive are from other users. It seems
the only language Spotify understands is $, and until we 'shuffle' to
another service, our user experience will not improve...

Thank you so much Peter!!! I have been SOOOOO frustrated when teaching my POUND classes and not being able to get the music to play in the order I want!! You are a life saver!!! #XOXO

Many thanks, having songs shuffled was driving me crazy.

This drove me really nuts as I kept expecting the "Shuffle Play" button to go away or change into something like "Play All" - Finally tested the app and it worked fine.....

I wonder if this user gave up. I have tried to follow instructions above and failed. shuffle play is useless for classical music listeners! Can someone please help (again) .. Or recommend al alternative streaming music provider.

I don't get the "please upgrade" message when I try to choose a specific song, but it still shuffles the album, rather than playing them in order. What can I do to stop this, please! (iOS)

Marked as solution

U have to deactivate the shuffle icon, looks like two arrows crisscrossed & is green if it’s turned on.

Yep. Thank you. So daft. I never actually open the song to see that window. It's just a tiny bar at the bottom of the screen for the vast part of the experience. 

Thanks for previous posters for hinting where to look for shuffle disable. Found it finally, absolutely most hideous piece of junk of an UI I've ever seen. Spotify should immediately swap their entire UX team, this is below any par. 

Suggested posts