Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium features on Android

Solved!

Premium features on Android

If you've got a question about syncing your music offline on an Android device, we have a couple FAQs here: 

Listen offline

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.

2. Tap Available Offline to ON at the top of the playlist.

3. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it’s available.

4. Turn on Offline Mode in Settings > Playback and tapping the switch at the top.

How do I remove my offline devices?

1. Log into your account on our website.
  2. Click Offline Devices at the top.
  3. Click REMOVE to reset an individual device or REMOVE ALL DEVICES to reset all offline devices on your account.

Why does Spotify sometimes top syncing offline playlists?

If tracks or playlists aren't fully syncing, check:

• The device is not in sleep mode.
  • There is enough free space to sync the songs (we recommend 1GB or more).
  • The device has an active Internet connection.
  • You haven't reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device.

Can I listen offline on more than one device?

Yes. You can save playlists for offline use on up to 3 devices. For example, you could use offline mode on your computer, tablet, and mobile phone at the same time. If you attempt to use offline mode on more than three devices, the oldest registered device won't work offline.

How many tracks can I sync to my device?

With a Spotify Premium subscription, you can sync for offline use 3,333 tracks from the Spotify catalogue on each device (phone, tablet, computer, etc.). If you're syncing your local files, there is no limit.

Have another question? Post it here and a member of the Community can help!

132 Replies

I WAS TOLD BY SPOTIFY THAT ONCE I GOT PREMIUM I COULD DOWNLOAD TO A U.S.B OR C.D SO HOW DO I DO THIS

Hi @TINY8469MONK,

What exactly did Spotify tell you? You are able to sync your music to all devices where Spotify is installed. Storage mediums like CD and USB are not supported.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

SO WHEN SPOTIFY TOLD MY WIFE  THAT IF WE GET  PREMIUM  (GIFT CARD ) THAT WE COULD DOWNLOAD FROM OUR COMPUTER TO A U.S.B OR C.D WAS WRONG.
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OR IF IT ,CAN BE DONE?
P.S.
I'M NOT YELLING AT ANYONE IT'S JUST PART OF MY O.C.D 

Hi @TINY8469MONK I'm afraid that's not possible. You can download offline Playlists, but only on the device and with a limit of 3 devices and 3,333 tracks per device.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

At this moment is is impossible to do as these files are encrypted and can't be read by a storage device.

Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

You'll get the notification about further upgrade from Spotify via e-mail.
Sincerely, Eka Awaludin

I'm curious about how to sync my local files?
Sincerely, Eka Awaludin

Me too I'm not happy to be paying for a service that is currently not working. But I'm VERY unhappy that there seems to be no way to contact Spotify and get an answer here!

@EkaAwaludin wrote:
I'm curious about how to sync my local files?

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

So this only sync the metadata of the files? Hm, I think I got it. By the way I'm last.fm scrobbler of indie musics and sometime I edits the metadata of the files.
Sincerely, Eka Awaludin

@EkaAwaludin wrote:
So this only sync the metadata of the files? Hm, I think I got it. By the way I'm last.fm scrobbler of indie musics and sometime I edits the metadata of the files.

If you have local files it will also sync the actual mp3 across. If however it finds the track in the Spotify Library it will sync that file rather than the copy stored on your PC.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi, before the last update, you could turn on a filter (I'm not sure whether this is the right English word or not, sorry) that would only show the playlists I could listen offline. Now I can't find this particular filter anymore, where can I find it? Does it still exist?

I hope someone can help me!

I'm sorry for the bad English grammar, and if I didn't use the right words to explain my problem. I hope you guys still understand what I mean! 

Hi, before the last update, you could turn on a filter (I'm not sure whether this is the right English word or not, sorry) that would only show the playlists I could listen offline. Now I can't find this particular filter anymore, where can I find it? Does it still exist?

I'm sorry for the bad English grammar, and if I didn't use the right words to explain my problem. I hope you guys still understand what I mean! 

@hcspier wrote:

Hi, it's still there. Just navigate to the Playlists section of 'My Music' pull down from the top and you'll see the filters. Tap the 3 lines at the top right and select 'Available offline only'.

Android Troubleshooting:

volume and music quality is very low and sounds bad. have a droid ultra, plugged into a klipsh system, rdio was way better and louder, but app kept needing reset. Am on.premium spotify.now and music quality is bad. Have to turn it up way more on system. Have turned off eq on phone, have settings to extreme quality, and my phone is app free except for spotify and a few others, reloaded app and nothing worked. Still sounds horrible. Been.posting for 3 days now with no reply. Some help would be appreciated or i will cancel the service.

how do I reply to Facebook activity

I'm trying to get premium but it says at this time there is no support to upgrade my account but it said I'll b charged 9.99 2015-8-1

Hi! How will i get the spotify premium without credit card? Is it possible?

I need help getting premium. I live in Canada and it keeps saying I need a zip code.

With Andriod Samsung mobile phone,everythinf goes very well...Casesam  and its accessories also...Samsung Galaxy S6 case

Suggested posts