Private Session control will be tedious

Re: Private Session control will be tedious

bull_tpk
Regular

Agree on learning about new music, that is a good point, but I still think on a matter of principal it should be my choice on a paid app that I can remain private permanently if I choose to

Highlighted

Richard
Roadie

I've tested this myself a little in the office, and it seems that turning of sharing to Spotify Social in the desktop app will carry across to all platforms. So, I unchecked the box, played some music on my Android, and it didn't show up in my friends' feeds.

I even left Facebook posting on and this still worked. So I'm confident that the desktop app gives you universal control.

Anyone else care to give this a go?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

diegorr
Casual Listener

I am having the same concern.

I have perfectly found the way out in the windows app for keeping private my activity and playlist (both in Spotify and in Facebook) but I don't see such a possibility in the preference menu of the Android app.....does it use the preferences set in the windows app or is it not possible to keep your activity private in Android?

Can somebody confirm how it really works? (it is not intuitive and it is confusing for me).

Thanks

@Richard wrote:

I've tested this myself a little in the office, and it seems that turning of sharing to Spotify Social in the desktop app will carry across to all platforms. So, I unchecked the box, played some music on my Android, and it didn't show up in my friends' feeds.

I even left Facebook posting on and this still worked. So I'm confident that the desktop app gives you universal control.

Anyone else care to give this a go?

Joe
Community Legend

@diegorr I replied to your other post.

SUGGESTED POSTS