Problems using the wi/fi or 3G with spotify

Solved!
Highlighted

Problems using the wi/fi or 3G with spotify

Korch
Casual Listener

Everytime i turn on online mode spotify just shuts down, can't do anything not sync my songs to offline mode or anything.

What is wrong? anyone got an idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Problems using the wi/fi or 3G with spotify

Korch
Casual Listener

This helped! I just reset the phone to factory settings and that did not work, but when i deleted the spotify folder that was on the phone and reinstalled it worked!

Thank you jacobras :)

8 Replies

Korch
Casual Listener
Got samsung galaxy s2. Newest android update.

jacobras
Music Fan

I had the same problem: as soon as I made a playlist offline available on my phone running Android 4, Spotify crashed and I had to delete all Spotify data and relogin to get it working again. I recently installed it again, but this time I didn't enable "sync over 3G" in settings. I made some playlists offline available and it has been working for three days so far! I use Spotify 4-5 hours per day (1-2 on phone, 3-4 on pc) so I hope it will keep working.

Give it a try and let me know if it helped (if it's not disabled already, "sync over 3G" is disabled by default after installing Spotify for Android..).

Korch
Casual Listener

Ah i have tried everything, clearing the data, disabeling wi/fi 3g and all there is, installing and uninstalling and restaring my phone. in flymode and everything. not working. just so irritating i have payed for a service that is not working when i need it the most!

jacobras
Music Fan

Here's what I did exactly:

• I deleted the Spotify folder on the SD-card (I think you can also do that from within the Spotify app)
  • Re-installed Spotify, but this time didn't enable "sync over 3G"
  • Made playlist offline available and hoped for the best

And since then it's been working, so I'm not changing any more settings ;)

Solution!

Korch
Casual Listener

This helped! I just reset the phone to factory settings and that did not work, but when i deleted the spotify folder that was on the phone and reinstalled it worked!

Thank you jacobras :)

Truls
Casual Listener
Hi, I can not get spotify to sync over wi-fi. The phone is online and spotify is set to sync over wi-fi, but it remains offline. Any ideas?

licenced
Community Legend

@Truls wrote:
Hi, I can not get spotify to sync over wi-fi. The phone is online and spotify is set to sync over wi-fi, but it remains offline. Any ideas?

Have you tried the preview release? http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Truls
Casual Listener

Hi, yes, I tried downloading the new spotify for my phone. still have the same problem. phone is online, but spotify will not go online. I tried to remove the program and install it again, but that did not solve the problem. Spotify seems to be the only app that refuse to go online. 

SUGGESTED POSTS