Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems using the wi/fi or 3G with spotify

Solved!

Problems using the wi/fi or 3G with spotify

Everytime i turn on online mode spotify just shuts down, can't do anything not sync my songs to offline mode or anything.

What is wrong? anyone got an idea?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This helped! I just reset the phone to factory settings and that did not work, but when i deleted the spotify folder that was on the phone and reinstalled it worked!

Thank you jacobras 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Got samsung galaxy s2. Newest android update.

I had the same problem: as soon as I made a playlist offline available on my phone running Android 4, Spotify crashed and I had to delete all Spotify data and relogin to get it working again. I recently installed it again, but this time I didn't enable "sync over 3G" in settings. I made some playlists offline available and it has been working for three days so far! I use Spotify 4-5 hours per day (1-2 on phone, 3-4 on pc) so I hope it will keep working.

Give it a try and let me know if it helped (if it's not disabled already, "sync over 3G" is disabled by default after installing Spotify for Android..).

Ah i have tried everything, clearing the data, disabeling wi/fi 3g and all there is, installing and uninstalling and restaring my phone. in flymode and everything. not working. just so irritating i have payed for a service that is not working when i need it the most!

Here's what I did exactly:

• I deleted the Spotify folder on the SD-card (I think you can also do that from within the Spotify app)
  • Re-installed Spotify, but this time didn't enable "sync over 3G"
  • Made playlist offline available and hoped for the best

And since then it's been working, so I'm not changing any more settings 😉

Marked as solution

This helped! I just reset the phone to factory settings and that did not work, but when i deleted the spotify folder that was on the phone and reinstalled it worked!

Thank you jacobras 🙂

Hi, I can not get spotify to sync over wi-fi. The phone is online and spotify is set to sync over wi-fi, but it remains offline. Any ideas?

@Truls wrote:
Hi, I can not get spotify to sync over wi-fi. The phone is online and spotify is set to sync over wi-fi, but it remains offline. Any ideas?

Have you tried the preview release? http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hi, yes, I tried downloading the new spotify for my phone. still have the same problem. phone is online, but spotify will not go online. I tried to remove the program and install it again, but that did not solve the problem. Spotify seems to be the only app that refuse to go online. 

Suggested posts