Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

What's new in this version:

- New: When you first install the app, Spotify will store your data in the most efficient location on your phone/device.
- New: From within settings, you can clear all temporary data and downloaded tracks stored on your device.
- Fixed: Spotify would occasionally get stuck in Offline mode
- Fixed: The app will no longer crash due to a lack of memory.
- Fixed: Radio won’t crash when loading artists.

Please note: if you were using the Spotify app already and you want to change the location where your playlists are stored, you need to exit the Spotify app, go into your device's Settings, Apps, Spotify, then tap Clear data and Clear cache.

Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.

Community Ergo Sum
83 Replies

Well, the place is kind-of predictable. If you really want the spotify cache on internal memory, then take out the sd card, clear spotify data and then insert the card:P

However you can't really tell without digging in your phone where exactly spotify is storing it's cache (like for the backup), you can't create custom folder structure on SD card and you can't tell how much of storage is spotify actually taking. However most annoying thing about this is that the funtionality was implemented in older versions and for some reasons taken out. I don't know how good programmers you hire, but I bet that it's not THAT hard to at least display the current location of the cache and it's size...

I'm not intending to quit spotify premium, but it just would be nice if you listened such suggestions:)

Except I and others have more space on our SD card and it isn't installing there. Not to mention if you use app2sd the app won't be there if you unplug the sd card.

*Sorry, I mean isn't installing the cache there.

Hmm, thats strange, have you tried wiping the data from the system application manager?

And that free space checking is not a good idea, If I had 16GBs external card, or 32GB internal memory It would probably chose internal memory for me, but that wouldn't suit me as I often move files, change firmwares etc. and redownload whole library...

Nice, but it would be even nicer if you let people choose where to stick the cache - any reason for not doing this dev that has a strange username?

Also, pretty please tell us Landscape/tablet mode will be coming soon 😄

Yep, makes no difference. Still going to internal.

@Garreth wrote:

Hmm, thats strange, have you tried wiping the data from the system application manager?

And that free space checking is not a good idea, If I had 16GBs external card, or 32GB internal memory It would probably chose internal memory for me, but that wouldn't suit me as I often move files, change firmwares etc. and redownload whole library...

The internal SD card isn't erased when you change ROM.

@weltysparrow wrote:
Yep, makes no difference. Still going to internal.

Click the new option in the settings menu, above the logout button.

It all depends what kind of wipe you perform, but well, it's not sgs3 custom rom support thread;P 

P.S. I have no idea how to quote at this forum...

@Garreth wrote:

It all depends what kind of wipe you perform, but well, it's not sgs3 custom rom support thread;P 

Whenever I wipe from recovery it keeps the internal sd card 😛

P.S

Click the reply button, the quote button is to the bottom right of the post title bar, the top right of the post textarea 🙂

@LiamW wrote:

@Garreth wrote:

P.S

Click the reply button, the quote button is to the bottom right of the post title bar, the top right of the post textarea 🙂

I have no idea how I could miss that button:D Wiping from recovery wipes data - i.e. removes downloaded apps and it's data, it is clever enough to keep the music, downloaded files, etc. However factory reset from phone settings remove it all (thats why it's good from time to time do this if you want to remove accumulated junk). Recovery wipe would remove all contents of /data I believe, where spotify keeps it cache. At least it's how it is supposed to work, but might be dependent on rom/recovery.

However just add the option to select where spotify should keep its cache and everybody will be happy:D

@Garreth wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

@Garreth wrote:

P.S

I have no idea how I could miss that button:D Wiping from recovery wipes data - i.e. removes downloaded apps and it's data, it is clever enough to keep the music, downloaded files, etc. However factory reset from phone settings remove it all (thats why it's good from time to time do this if you want to remove accumulated junk). Recovery wipe would remove all contents of /data I believe, where spotify keeps it cache. At least it's how it is supposed to work, but might be dependent on rom/recovery.

However just add the option to select where spotify should keep its cache and everybody will be happy:D

Actually, Spotify has always stored data in the internal SD card for me, which is useful for when I switch ROM's 😉

Don't worry - most people miss the quote button 😉

Liam

After updating software for my HTC Desire HD the sound wont work. It works using Youtube so there is nothing wrong with the hardware. I have tried to reinstall but no no, it still bugging with the sound. I think you need to fix these bugs fast or a lot of people will want to get reembursed including me.

@z27rikard wrote:

After updating software for my HTC Desire HD the sound wont work. It works using Youtube so there is nothing wrong with the hardware. I have tried to reinstall but no no, it still bugging with the sound. I think you need to fix these bugs fast or a lot of people will want to get reembursed including me.

Have you tried fully restarting the phone (battery pull)?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for allowing me to install this update without deleting all the downloads that are already on my external card.

I can see the changelog. But no update available. The one I have is released a month ago.

why does it not flip the view when device is flipped? That has never been a working feature - but it sure is anoying. I use my tablet in a docking device and since I can't read sideways I still use a very old version that is horizontally aligned. Any way to make it 'flip'?

I upgraded Spotify to this release on my phone (Galaxy S Relay) and Spotify will no longer recognize my premium status, although it was working before the upgrade. I clicked "Get Premium" within the app and logged into Spotify, where it recognized my premium status and I still have premium until 4/23.

I have restarted my device and logged out and back into Spotify before and after the restart.

This is the reply I got when I submitted my issue to the support team via email: "Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I can see you've emailed us from your account so there's no need for us to ask you for any security details.

I have gone ahead and removed your account for you now.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with :)"

I shouldn't be surprised but I am appalled.

@oldapartment wrote:

I upgraded Spotify to this release on my phone (Galaxy S Relay) and Spotify will no longer recognize my premium status, although it was working before the upgrade. I clicked "Get Premium" within the app and logged into Spotify, where it recognized my premium status and I still have premium until 4/23.

I have restarted my device and logged out and back into Spotify before and after the restart.

This is the reply I got when I submitted my issue to the support team via email: "Hi there

I can see you've emailed us from your account so there's no need for us to ask you for any security details.

Will see if I can get someone to look into this for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

@oldapartment wrote:

Will see if I can get someone to look into this for you. 

Peter

Thanks because that tone-deaf email was really ridiculous. (I am currently streaming spotify radio, still log in on my desktop and see my premium status and account still exist so...not sure what's going on.  I sent a reply but who knows what I'll get back.

Suggested posts