Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.3)

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.3)

Android Release Notes
What's new in version 0.7.3
  • New: Say hello to Spotify Connect. Listen to music on your Connect-enabled speakers, and use your mobile to control the music.
  • Fixed: Lots of bugs and nasty things.
  • Known issues: Images do not load properly on Android 4.4 Kitkat. We're working on it!
Notes
  • We've changed the way we roll out features updates to users, so you might already see a new date, but previous update and/or release notes in the Play Store for a couple days, following a new update still see the previous version and/or release notes in the Play Store for a couple days while, following a new update.
  • As always, if you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting
Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify usually update the .apk once the new version has fully rolled out. I'm still waiting for 0.7.3 😞

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Regarding the sorting of playlists: Within a playlist, swiping down (scrolling up) reveals the search box and the filter options on my phone. If that doesn't work for you, you might have encountered a device specific bug.

Marked as solution

Hi,

please try on this location (trusted): http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Hope this help.

If this solve, please kudos me and click on "accepted as solution" 🙂

Rob

Smooth Jazz Lover

57 Replies

Thanks but Spotify Connect isn't interesting guys - we want Chromecast.

Chromecast and album art on kitkat fixed!

If you don't want to loose others tons of user (as rdio just did) you should refund this month of un-premium service. I said all 

I absolutely agree. A free month of "Premium" should be offered to customers experiencing this issue that has gone on for far too long.

Spotify have done nothing but aggravate their customers (proof: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-4-4-Spotify-doesnt-load-images/td-p/576494) by ignoring the several questions I have posted to the Twitter @SpotifyCares account. (The most ironic name imaginable), and providing the most pathetic customer support for a subscription based app I have ever experienced.

How come developers of free apps in the Play store release KitKat fixes in a timely manner, while Spotify (The company who charges £120 per year per person for a sub-standard service) can't?

Could you please also update the direct download on http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk?

This is insane. 20 days from KitKat release and Album Art isn't fixed yet.

Hi there, about the previous/next song buttons that disappear on the lockscreen, are you working on it?

Let me guess: all your developers have an iPhone and are wondering what all the fuss is about? How are the kitkat bugs still not fixed with this update?

Guess what app works perfeclty with KitKat AND supports Chromecast?

Google Play Music.

Has anyone got the update? Play store does not offer it for any of my devices.

Are you guys kidding? 

You released a new version 3 weeks after 4.4 was released and you didn't fix the problems with cover art?

Never mind Spotify Connect - fix the existing features first!

Spotify Connect for Android: great! Thanks. I was waiting for this.

I just wish I would already see the update on the Play Store...

Follow me

@bbeckford wrote:

Guess what app works perfeclty with KitKat AND supports Chromecast?

Google Play Music.

I think all hell would break loose if google's own streaming service didn't work on their own operating system.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I can't see the update for both the Play Store and the mobile browser apk. 

Spotify is doing staged rollouts, so it might take a few days until you get the update. 

Ok, in my country, the version 0.7.2 is dated from 19/11 in the Play Store, which means 20 days after the beginning of the rollout. I think I must be patient before I have this one. Shame...

Follow me

Have you fixed the fact that equalizers also dont seem to work with Spotify in KitKat? This as well as the artwork issue are preventing me using Spotify atm because the vast majority of my usage is on mobile. Incidentally it should be noted that Deezer's app works perfectly on every version of android Ive tried, including KitKat. And they're running a half-price offer atm. As a long time Spotify Premium subscriber even my patience is wearing thin on the total lack of attention paid to pretty big issues with your apps.

Using Google Nexus 7. Problem with album artwork and gapless playback. The album artwork I can do without for a couple of weeks, but the lack of gapless playback is a feature I can't do without.

I am happy to say welcome to the connect on this new version! Very useful feature! Thanks, devs,
Rob

Smooth Jazz Lover

@hakonanes The missing images on android 4.4 is being investigated as mentioned in this thread. Did the 4.4 introduce a new problem with gapless playback?

Suggested posts