Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.3)

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.3)

Android Release Notes
What's new in version 0.7.3
  • New: Say hello to Spotify Connect. Listen to music on your Connect-enabled speakers, and use your mobile to control the music.
  • Fixed: Lots of bugs and nasty things.
  • Known issues: Images do not load properly on Android 4.4 Kitkat. We're working on it!
Notes
  • We've changed the way we roll out features updates to users, so you might already see a new date, but previous update and/or release notes in the Play Store for a couple days, following a new update still see the previous version and/or release notes in the Play Store for a couple days while, following a new update.
  • As always, if you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting
Community Ergo Sum
57 Replies

It's there, just hidden. Scroll up.

Posted using the Spotify Community app by Liam

Different question: Why does the Spotify widget on my HTC one always gray out and the album art on the widget disappears? It seems that after a while something in the background shuts down since the play/forward/backwardation buttons don't respond either. Also, Spotify disappears from the notification bar. That's really annoying!

I gave scrolled everywhere. I can't find it anywhere anymore.

And another question: Why did you change the layout of the shuffle/repeat buttons? Up there they are barely reachable. I would like to see them back where they were before. That's the spot where they belong! Now there's a blank spot on the bottom right that's wasted unused. Please revert back to the old layout!

Marked as solution

Regarding the sorting of playlists: Within a playlist, swiping down (scrolling up) reveals the search box and the filter options on my phone. If that doesn't work for you, you might have encountered a device specific bug.

I found it.  Right where you said.  I just didn't expect to see it there.  As for its location... I think it is fine as long as it is a little more obvious.

Hi there!

I've instaled Spotify in my Nexus5 (KitKat rules) and i'll be waiting a month for this feature. And it'isnt until now, when an update give me ¡halleluja!! the connect icon.

My version is now  0.7.3.636.ga3aacdd3. It run ok with my Pioneer XW-SMA1

Patient for all....

Hey good people.

It's been a while since the last post here but I'm in need of the 0.7.3 APK, could any of the good souls there help me out on this?

That's the last version my SGS3 would have been able to run. I returned to using the mobile spotify a week ago and I tried the most recent version, then 0.7.6, then 0.7.4. Nothing happens after I launch the app and before I updated it the version was 0.7.3 and it worked.

Android 4.3, SGS3, no root. Yes, I rebooted it, there's plenty of space, no bloat, all stock app set kept.

So if you could provide me with a copy of official 0.7.3 release that would be so lovely 🙂

Thanks in advance.

The current spotify version should work just fine on your S3. Try reinstalling the app following these instructions.

I do believe that I appeared to you as a knowledgable person while speaking of root and such, providing you with all of the information you could possibly ask for.

Of course I uninstalled it like this, that's how you uninstall nearly every app, you force-stop it, remove its data and cache and uninstall it.

Like I said once I start the spotify nothing happens, totally no reaction, but then in the application list the "force stop" button gets enabled as if spotify was acutually running.

I even tried updating the android but the kitkat is not available for SGS3 yet 😞 That's why I can't see any way around it other than using the last version that actually worked on my phone.

"I do believe that I appeared to you as a knowledgable person while speaking of root and such, providing you with all of the information you could possibly ask for.

Of course I uninstalled it like this, that's how you uninstall nearly every app, you force-stop it, remove its data and cache and uninstall it."

Wow. Is this is how you thank people for spending their own time responding to you? 

Wow. Is this is how you thank people for spending their own time responding to you? 

Is this how you interfere while having nothing constuctive to say?

In my first post I said "Thanks in advance", "Could you", etc, I do believe he's gonna come back eventually with further ideas as I noticed his activity in the forums. So I forgot to say 'thanks' for the hint, that does not mean that I did not appreciate it and surely the way I responded does not indicate that, well if it does, excuse my English, it's not my native language.

And if you, wizk12, really thought I was an unappreciative butthole, then get lost and don't come back until you have anything to say on the subject.

Thank you @wizk12  (my knight in shining armour) but, after a year trying to help folk here I'm generally pretty thich skinned these days and typing in these forums is notoriously low-bandwidth 🙂

@thisthatthese I guess I'm just surprised as we do have a lot of users running spotify on S3s. Heck, until a few weeks ago I was running it on an S2. But, if you're determined, try searching for "spotify old versions - android" in Google. You won't get an old apk from an official source and you're clearly knowledgable enough to understand the dangers of installing apps from unofficial sources.

Thanks for your response.

The reason I asked here is that I saw a thread with old 0.5* APKs that a trusted user shared from his dropbox, I was hoping somebody would've kept it somehow, somewhere.

I could possibly trust a person with good reputation here but I won't trust a random source found with the help of google.

I sincerely hope someone around here has the version 0.7.3 stored somewhere.

Thanks again.

Marked as solution

Hi,

please try on this location (trusted): http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Hope this help.

If this solve, please kudos me and click on "accepted as solution" 🙂

Rob

Smooth Jazz Lover

@robilamm61 wrote:

Hi,

please try on this location (trusted): http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Wow that's it! I haven't come across that site.

Thank you and everyone who tried to help.

@robilamm61 wrote:

Hi,

Hope this help.

If this solve, please kudos me and click on "accepted as solution" 🙂

I created an account just to say "Thanks". The newest update kept crashing on me, so I just downloaded an older one. Thank you so much.

Proud to help 🙂
Rob

Smooth Jazz Lover

Suggested posts