Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.4)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.4)

Android Release Notes
What's new in version 0.7.4
  • New: Shiny new look for Log in and Sign up.
  • New: Artist pages now feature image galleries and track play counts. Rolling out now.
  • Fixed: Bugs, crashes and bad things.
Notes
  • We started rolling out this update today and everyone should have it by this evening.
  • Lockscreen controls on KitKat (Android 4.4) should now be fixed!
Community Ergo Sum
25 Replies

I lost all my playlists and offline synced songs since the update rolled out. Can't keep any downloaded songs. Shutting down spotify on my phone and/or restarting android and then starting spotify again brings me up to the login screen, and then all my songs are gone.

Downgrading won't work, reinstalled lots of old versions that worked like a charm before. Scrubbing my entire system for traces of spotify and then reinstalling fresh once more won't work either.

0.7.4 sucks.

@your_azz I'm not sure this is necessarily related to the release. Could you post some more information:

• Your device
  • Android version
  • What type of account do you have
  • Space left on your device
  • Space left on your SD card (if applicable)
  • Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)
  • Is your device rooted?
  • Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?
  • Did you set your external SD card as storage location?
  • Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?
  • Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?
  • Your username
  • Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

• Your device - Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Android version - 4.2
  • What type of account do you have - Premium
  • Space left on your device - 2gb
  • Space left on your SD card (if applicable) - 2gb
  • Space left on your External SD card (if applicable) - 56gb
  • Is your device rooted? - yes
  • Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly? - no
  • Did you set your external SD card as storage location? - yes
  • Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? - no
  • Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)? - yes
  • Your username - your_azz
  • Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details? - doesn't matter which, but usually spotify login details

Hi. Could you copy and paste that in this bug topic. Please also try Per's request to run spotify without it using the external SD card for a while, thanks.

That I won't do. Not a viable option. Cannot store my 2000+ -ish songs there.

> Lockscreen controls on KitKat (Android 4.4) should now be fixed!
It seems to have not been fixed, sometimes when I skip the current track, the right cover is shown, but it shows the previous track's title, artist and album. But when I pause the track, the right one is shown.
It happens on both my Nexus 4 and 7 2013 running KitKat 4.4.2 on ART.

Suggested posts