Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.0.0.70)

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.0.0.70)

What's new in version 1.0.0.70
  • New: A bold and beautiful new look.
  • New: Even smarter playlists on Browse.
  • New: Save what you love in Your Music.
  • New: Better, faster search results.
  • Fictitious: This app had a dream about you last night.
Notes
Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

1. playing offline songs previously downloaded. It takes ages to start playing
  2. it kes ages  just to show "my albums"
  3. the app seems not-responsive in general
  4. clicking "settings" sometimes shows just a black screen
  5. turing off mobile data when playing music (downloaded on the device!) stops the music after a while…
  6. sometimes the music just stops, especially when I’m using another app in the same time, a bad cpu or memory share?
  7. offline songs previously downloaded are deleted after a few hours

canceled my premium account now. to many other places where u get what u pay for.

View solution in original post

46 Replies

Yahoo!

So glad to be getting this update.  Cmon, Play Store, recognize the upload already!

I want to be testing this app on my drive home in a couple of hours 🙂

Thanks for the direct link Matze! Looks stunning on my Nexus 4...now how 'bout a real Android tablet app?

Is the HORRIBLE audio ducking issue fixed?
Does spotify still play notifications at 20% volume?

The last update killed my spotify experience when driving and using Waze for directions(couldnt hear directions at all with spotify running)

Unfortunately not, there are still serious problems with audio ducking!

I'm glad you are releasing new versions (finally a "final" version with 1.0?) but when you boast about new interface designs, you have totally missed the point. I'm presuming this has gone the same way as the desktop application.

We are all using different devices with different screen sizes and resolutions so one size fits few. How about leaving the color scheme and size of elements and font selectable by the user in the future versions? That'd be nice.

Also, a good looking customizeable widget or two (4x4, 4x2, 4x1) with some transparency options for extra eye candy. Who knows, maybe that is included?

edit: Oh well, it looks like the same old Spotify, now black... No new widgets, no customizability whatsoever, no way to turn off Spotify Connect, no tablet interface. But at least, no deal breaking bugs so far 😉

Spotify, tell as when will you fix audio ducking bug?

I just don't get it PER .. how can spotify be so f**ing ignorant of every thread that's discussed this same set of problems.

I'm seriously just a click away from cancelling.  Can't stand the app on android .. click the title of a song, will it start playing? no clue .. if I double tap on it I know it will.. but what about having a play button *ON* the song title to start playing *that* track?

oh.. that's right you force all the schlubs to do the "shuffle" bs. ... I'm one of the paying subscribers and *CAN* play any track regardless of the shuffle bull,  so .. what, I don't get a button for visual queue, that allows me to have confidence that I'm starting *THAT* track?

I have no idea what your design developers are doing .. other than the fact that they aren't paying any attention, aren't giving people a reason to hold out hope that they might fix this crap .. and yet every change they DO roll out, seems to end up pissing off more users..

that's the way to go PER .. piss off your customers.. especially those paying for it... nothing makes us feel better than to pay 10 bucks a month to be ignored.

1) skinned interface, its been posted MANY times

2) better hinting for features .. if touch only, you need a visual clue to know what is going to happen  (example how this works on the DESKTOP app .. you mouse over a title.. and the play button appears.. obviously you can't "mouse over" on a touch screen, so the button to "play" should be visible right then and there, if the app is running on a "device" not PC!)

3) if not skinned, color and size options to adapt the application to the device we're on ..

Could you please consider moving the menu to the bottom of the screen? It works fine with for instance 4.3 inch displays, but with 5 inch mobile displays and above it's difficult to reach the menu item.

Please consider this.

thanks.

I love the black New look. Only one little bit of white to get rid of but I can live with it. I haven't put it through its paces yet. But will on the way to work tomorrow. I hope you guys have added metadata support (crossing fingers). But the new app is defiantly a step in the right direction. The colors are bad a**. I'll get back to you guys in a couple days and let you know what I think. But as long as the app is still stable line the previous one. I have no issues. Except of course the metadata.. Kudos.

No notification bug fix? I can't even... half an hour. That's all it'd take. If your developers even saw that 14-page-long thread of people confirming they also have that issue - with any other app that tries saying things while Spotify is playing.

No fix. Not even a mention of it.

[EDIT- Removed image with swearing]

I'm now canceling and going to Google Play Music. At least their software was actually tested on Android.

update: It also costs the same ($10/month) and actually "ducks" very well - smoothly lowers the music volume, lets the other app "talk", and smoothly raises the music back to its original level. I'm sold. 🙂 As an added bonus, the desktop (in-browser) "app" actually honors when I click "X" and shuts the heck down instead of just minimizing. 🙂

Yup. This thread @PER

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/0-7-9-Inaudible-volume-levels-after-notification-trigge...

14 pages of customer complaints. Customers now begining to leave the service as a result. Spotify responce is to for this followup release include yet another fictitious joke feature. Not funny.

Please escalate this to the grown-ups in Spotify who have the authority to, in some combination:

1. Adjust development priorities to fix major bugs ahead of new 'features' (or if you already do this, confirm the audio ducking bug isn't considered major)
  2. Better test releases before they are released
  3. Offer financial compensation to Premium users for compromised service. You're offering a feature (play Spotify on your Android phone) that's unusable once your device tries to audibly notify you of something.

For what its worth, spotify has now lost 4 subs($40/m) from my family due to this issue. I'm holding out in hopes of a quick fix. The rest of my family has found other options and will not be returning.

Just got in my car to go to work. Connected to Bluetooth. No song title, or track information. Major overhaul of Spotify, and you can't even add this basic, but major feature. I'll keep trying and let you know more as it arrives, but seriously, pandora, google play music can send song information. Any not the "leader" if the streaming community. Note 3 4.3

This clinches it. Goodbye, Spotify, hello, again, Pandora.  I'll miss having my playlists offline, but I'll enjoy having notifications that actually work more.

Write off another $10 a month gone here.  I feel it's important that if we cancel, we let Spotify know this is costing them money.  I'm sure we of the 14 Page Thread (tm) aren't the only ones frustrated with the lack of fixes and support.

With enough competition in the market now, services like this aren't really sticky - it's easy for people to change. Even an investment in carefully crafted playlists you can't export doesn't hold people if they can't listen to them properly anyway!

The only real differentators are price and quality of service. Spotify isn't cheaper than the other services and quality of the Spotify service for Android users doesn't cut it in this market. The grown-ups at Spotify (who are the ones who can set priorities) need to wake up. A good reputation is far easier to lose than earn. 

Wibbly is right, especially with iOS market diminishing versus Android and Windows Mobile.  The apparent devotion Spotify has for iOS devices is misguided and not well advised.

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-market-share-shrinks-as-android-windows-phone-grow/

So, Spotify, adapt with the changing tide and give Android users a better experience.  Fluff works great once everything is in place, but you don't put furniture in a house before the foundation is even poured. Get with it!

Yeah, they put marketing $$ into paying someone to invent the next 'ficticious' feature. What a joke. 

The "fake feature" would actually be funny and lighthearted if the app actually worked as designed... but when we actually scan the changelog for a "fix" of a very widespread (I'd estimate, well... 100% of users) bug-fix, and it's just not there, the "fake feature" just feels like a slap in the face - like they aren't taking anything seriously. Not even an acknowledgement of the issue in the latest version, just blindly skipped-over like "oh, that's a problem? sucks to be you".

"We're working on a fix for the notifications issue", said no Spotify team member ever.

"A new version with notification ducking fixed is coming soon", said no Spotify team member ever.
"Sorry for the inconvenience", said no team member... ever.

"Solved", says the checkbox next to the issue's 14-page thread.

That's worse than Microsoft support forums.

(also: how many ranks does this forum even HAVE anyway? Every time I say something it seems like I get a new rank... kinda defeats the purpose, but at this point... see the image posted earlier.)

Suggested posts