Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.1.2)

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.1.2)

Android Release Notes
What's new in version 1.1.2
  • New: Playback stops when you swipe the app from the Recent Tasks list.
  • New: Play the same song over and over by tapping the repeat button twice. Now available for Premium users and free users on tablets.
  • Fictitious: This app walks like a dinosaur.

#Android #1.1.2 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • -
Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

One of my favorite features was being able to quickly close all apps in the task manager and not have to worry about the music stopping. Can we have an option in the settings to continue playback when the app is closed instead of just having the feature removed?
Should this go in the ideas forum?

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I had the functionality of repeating the same track right away but now the feature seemed to have disappeared.. Any advice?

Any word on changing the massive, ugly and useless "SHUFFLE PLAY" button on Android?

I'm a paying customer so I am not forced into using your "Shuffle" function. Quite frankly if I "shuffled only" I'd be using a far better service for that function, like Pandora Radio.

Why am I forced to see "SHUFFLE PLAY" all over the app? 

Why is "play" hidden in a tiny button at the very bottom, but "SHUFFLE PLAY" takes up 15-20% of the whole screen in a massive green button that is ALWAYS on top and can never be hidden on any screen??

It's insulting! I know the cheap freeloaders that don't pay Spotify a darn cent can only shuffle... but what about us who are paying your bills? Mind making software for the paying customers too? Or are we just chopped liver?

PLEASE let me hide that stupid and ugly shuffle button. 

Ranting in this thread won't achieve as much as supporting the idea here although it needs a lot more kudos before anyone sits up and takes notice 😞

I expect that spotify's argument is that you can start  playlists by touching any track or the play button and they're just making it easier for everyone to shuffle play. The lack of support for the idea I linked to, sadly, will support this view.

Marked as solution

One of my favorite features was being able to quickly close all apps in the task manager and not have to worry about the music stopping. Can we have an option in the settings to continue playback when the app is closed instead of just having the feature removed?
Should this go in the ideas forum?

Yes, the ideas forum would be great. Not sure how much support you'll get though as an app not closing when swiped off the running apps screen goes against expected android behaviour.

No it won't go against expected behavior, actually is the opposite...

Any and I say any music player in android won't stop playing music when you swipe it off.

It'll close the main "form" but keep playing in background and that's the expected behavior.

What they called a new feature I'd say is a new bug.

Yeah I rethought this and agree with you, as you can see from this thread 🙂

Hello.

This update seems to bring a new bug : when you swipe Spotify from the recent tasks, it doesn't remember the last position when you start it again.
That was a really needed feature that was introduced only a few months ago but it isn't working anymore now.
I'm amazed that nobody else is complaining about it because for me it is really important!

Am I the only one experiencing this bug, maybe ?
I tried resetting the app entirely but to no avail...

Hi. It seems to remember for me. Does this always happen for you ro only after some time or just with a particular playlist?

OK your question prompted me to perform a test: it does work in playlists, but not in albums!

More specifically I listen albums that are in my music collection, and synchronized offline. If I kill the app, it doesn't remember last position.

Now if we could get a notification that someone at Spotify aknowkedge the bug and that it will be fixed, that would be great...

Hi.

I have problem with my new Levovo A7-50, spotify workt ok before it update to Android 4.4.2. Now i can install it but I only get a black screen on it. No songs or login just a black screen.

Have you seen this problem on other tablets ???

I have the same problem. .it tells me the application stopped and it won't play anything

We've posted new release notes here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts