Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung galaxy watch issue

Solved!

Samsung galaxy watch issue

Hi,

Everytime my phone rings or I end a call, I reject a call etc spotify starts playing. I close the app but it doesn't matter.

This started after I downloaded the offline content. It is very annoying and also disturbs me at work as well as drains the battery.

Spotify Premium

Sweden

Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm

Tizen

44 Replies

Hey,

I disagree. It's like saying there's no need for a volume/mute button on a
phone. You can just turn off your phone for every meeting. You're not
accepting any calls then, right?

It wont let you log in through Facebook so U have to enter your Spotify number which is a random 10 digit number . It's ridiculous.  It should just work properly. Especially for a monthly subscription .

When you close the app it should close. Not stay open .

Just going to bump this to remind Spotify that it is an ongoing issue for months now.  This is very disruptive and is certainly a good reason to uninstall, which would in turn be a good reason to cancel subscription.

Logging out everytime is not a solution.  You stay logged in so you don't have to log in everytime you want to use it.  The app opens and begins to play even when just denying a phone call.  

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

This still isn't resolved and is a new problem to me! Every time I end a call on the watch or use Bixby, Spotify resumes playback. It's been a recognised fault for over three months and still no fix! When will it be resolved? Samsung advertise the watch as being Spotify compatible - obviously not!

Same issue for me. Spotify starts playing after every phone call. And repeatedly warns me that Spotify is draining the battery when not in use.

I also have this problem.  I'm giving it about 2 weeks for them to fix this being that it's obviously been a problem for months, and its Spotify's app problem and not Samsung.  After that, it's a cancellation of my Spotify account and use of another streaming service.  Spotify is too big to have something like this linger for so long.

Amazing that this glitch has been hanging around so long.  I have now uninstalled spotify and will be moving my family accoutn to tidal.

You've got 30 days (the tidal trial) to sort this spotify!

I didn't realise samsung music did this remote control feature.  That's something at least.  I'll give that a whirl.

This issue is now resolved with the latest Samsung firmware for the galaxy watch. Software version xxxx.. BSA4

Well my watchs/phone says I have the latest software and I just downloaded
the app again and the bug is still there!

Wouldn't the watch app need to be updated as well? There is no update for it 

I have just checked on the galaxy wearable app and my watch had an update
Sonu have completed it and the played some music through Spotify on the
watch. Then took a call on the watch to see if once finished the call
Spotify would start playing music but it didn't and the bug appears fixed
for me but I will monitor it and let you all know.
Danny

Sorry spoke too soon using Bixby causes the same issue still 😭

Marked as solution

On your watch, does software show a string ending in BSA4? (Settings/Device Info/Software)?

On your watch, does software show a string ending in BSA4? (Settings/Device Info/Software)?

If not, you haven't got the latest software yet, even if your phone says you do. It's currently rolling out.

My above post was meant for EggNod. (Danny, you must have it now). It's fixed for me, but don't know about the Bixby issue.

Ok, I'll wait then. Thanks.

Yes BSA4 is latest

Yes, this is great news.  All seems find for me now the 4.0.0.1 Tizen has been installed.

Issue remains for me and no software update availble. Im in Europe

Suggested posts