Premium

Country

USA

Device

OnePlus N20

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Whenever I select a new song/playlist or connect to Bluetooth with the app open, shuffle turns itself off and I have to turn it back on manually. It also sometimes (but not always) does this if I exit the app, come back and resume the song that I was last playing. 

4 Replies

Hey @firebuff101,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We'd recommend you to start off with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure some damaged cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

If this issue persists afterwards, we'd like to gather some additional info, so we can better understand this behavior. Please check and send us the following:

• The exact Spotify version you're running on the affected device.
  • Does this happen if you open your account on a different mobile device? You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or friend to open it there.
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am also experiencing this issue. It started happening with the last update. I un-installed, restarted my phone, and reinstalled. It's version 8.9.38.494 and is still not keeping shuffle or repeat settings. In addition to this issue, there is now a voice interrupting what was previously a quiet and nearly seamless device transition.

Hey there @SierraMyst

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if they can replicate this? 

Lastly, sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening including the voice you mentioned would come in handy. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

S23U

My Question or Issue

After the most recent update that announces "playlist resuming" when connecting to my car, shuffle keeps turning off on my playlists. And I have to click it twice to turn it back on because smart shuffle come before the regular shuffle. I would love a feature to just set a default shuffle setting for the account/playlist

Suggested posts