Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Bluetooth controls and Metadata JVC Car Stereo

Spotify Bluetooth controls and Metadata JVC Car Stereo

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android Pie 9.0

My Question or Issue

Hi there, so I would like to report a bug in the newest update to the Google Play store app, essentially the problem is as follows:

Yesterday I was able to turn on my car with my phone in my pocket, have it connect to bluetooth and begin playing music, as well as bringing up the song name, and have active controls. This morning , it would not work in the specific Spotify bluetooth mode whatsoever, just saying "connecting". Setting it to bluetooth device mode, allows me to control the music from spotify, with some disadvantages. Upon checking out the phone side of things, after multiple reboots, re-pairings etc, I noticed that there was an auto update overnight last night. 

Confirming my suspicion that the update had somehow messed up the feature, I uninstalled my app, downloaded an older .apk from Nov 13th and tried that. Works like a charm, so somewhere in the newest update, it has messed up something that communicates with the car audio.

TL;DR

last nights update stops the controls from my JVC car audio, as well as metadata from showing up

Thanks for any help you might be able to give on the matter, and hopefully this can get fixed soon

-Nick

16 Replies

Same problem for me. Won't connect. JVC KW-R930BT.

Same here, JVC KD-R790BT.

Same here. JVC KW-X830BT.

Same problem here, JVC KD-R992BT

Also tested version 8.4.79.630 from Nov 13: This one works.

Disabled automatic updates for the Spotify app on my phone (Xiaomi Mi A1), let's see for how long it still works.

I forgot to mention above, my radio is the KW-X830BTS. Up to this point I have had no problems using the version of the app from Nov 13th still, so hopefull it continues to work

I reported this problem to JVC Germany.

They answered that this problem is already known to the JVC Headquarters and kindly told me to have a little patience in this case.

Where do you get the older update from?

Same problem with my jvc kdx351bt8

I received a feedback from JVC. With the most recent Spotify update (mail arrived on Jan, 11), the communication problem should be solved.

JVC advised me to remove the bluetooth connection on the phone and the stereo, update Spotify and try pairing again.

Just wanted to inform you guys. Didn't have time to test it yet.

Awesome, I will install it tonight and keep you posted tomorrow . Hope it works!

**Update: It still does not work after re-pairing the phone, restarting the phone, the app, cycling power of stereo, changing inputs, so I think its a no go still. Time to reinstall the old one and redownload my playlists lol**

Tested it today. Didn't work for me either. Reverted to old Spotify version again.

Try again, hoped in my truck tonight and it works for me 😄 =] yay!!

Edit** it works when you turn it on, but if you make a call or use Google services itll go back to "connecting". With no use of skip, back, menu, pause etc

@Ruthers What kind of device are you using? for some reason it did not work on mine

Tried out the latest Spotify update on my KW-R930BTS and I can confirm that the integrated Spotify functionality has returned, mostly. As mentioned there is a complete loss of connection and control after using Google voice controls. The lack of a "connecting to Spotify" notification on my phone when this happens suggests that some process isn't being triggered or restarted when the receiver switches back from voice control. 

After trying at again, it now does work! Same issue with it not reconnecting after using the handsfree calling or Google assistant , but definitely alot better than before!

Plan

Premium

Device

Google Pixel 2

Head Unit

JVC KW-330BT

I'm having the same problem since mid-November. I've been reporting on another thread about the "Connecting to Spotify" notification. I'm glad to find this one and add my voice to the chorus. I'll be down grading to the version listed above so I can have my stereo functionality.

Suggested posts