Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Version 9

Version of Spotify App

My Question or Issue

Just yesterday I started noticing that everytime my phone connects to my car via bluetooth and I use Spotify, Spotify has the normal notification banner for playback control, but there is another banner that reads "Spotify Connection: Connected to Waze". It does not let me swipe it away even when I am out of the car, bluetooth is off, and my music is no longer playing. In my Spotify settings I have Waze Navigation switched OFF and I do not even have the Waze app on my phone. Is there any way to make this stop without turning off notifications for Spotify altogether? I assume even if I turn off notifications, "Spotify Connection: Connected to Waze" would still be running in the background which I do not want. Please advise.

Thank you!

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this in the Community.

This is an issue we are aware of and currently looking into. Make sure to head over to this thread - we'll make sure to keep you updated and let you know as soon as we have any news.

Thanks!

53 Replies

Same issue.  Waze is on my phone but off/closed.  the option for connections to Waze is turned off.  I'm no longer in my car, connected to any bluetooth, but it still shows the notification.  I am running the Pixel 3XL but i am on Android Q Beta 3.

Hello everyone

I found a temporal fix for this notification. You only need to turn off the "Car View" feature and the notification won'n longer shows. Until Spotify release a permanent fix, I recommend to keeo this feature turned off. 

Screenshot_2019-05-14-11-13-07.png

Same here, LG G6.

@KR105 I tried this too and it did not work for me! I'm glad it works for some! I wish we could get some more answers.

I just killed the Spotify app and reopened it, and the notification was gone

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this in the Community.

This is an issue we are aware of and currently looking into. Make sure to head over to this thread - we'll make sure to keep you updated and let you know as soon as we have any news.

Thanks!

Why is this thread marked as solved? It is not solved at all. Peter, why do you ask us mark this issue as solved to "help" other users? How can not offer a solution in a post marked as solved will help? People come here for a solution, as far as this is marked as solved, we are not looking for a stupid answer which solves nothing. I would like to mark this post as NOT solved, do you know why? Because IT IS NOT SOLVED.

I am still having this issue and have added a comment in the thread linked by Peter. 

But I have the same question as Pechorin: why is this marked as solved when it has NOT been solved? 

It is marked as solved because there is a link to another thread where updates WILL be posted. NO updates will be posted here. I wanted everyone to be able to see that quickly and easily if they came to this thread looking for answers. Go to the thread he linked in his comment so you can see when the issue is resolved, rather than yelling about it over here.

So, you didn't come here because you thought this thread would gave you a solution for the bug? I must be so dumb, because I thought so, and that's exactly why I enter here and not in any other thread.

I started this thread. I didn't realize that when you search for it, it shows up as solved. If that is the case, when someone comes here looking for the solution the first thing they will see is the link to the thread they should be watching for a solution. The moderator said the solution will be posted there when they figure it out, not here. 

I am sorry that you felt deceived by this. I thought it would be more helpful for others if they had the link to the thread that will actually have a solution someday. Please visit and follow the thread that the moderator, Peter, posted a link to.

Hey @AlesPG and @teribus_13,

Thanks for flagging this up - you were right to do so, as this is still an issue we're investigating, and a post should only be marked as the solution if it helps solve the issue.

@narobin59 got in touch with me personally to ask me to unmark my response as a solution, so I've gone ahead and done that. I've instead floated my reponse to the top of the thread so that it should be visible to any users who come across it.

Thanks guys! Take care 🙂

Huawei mate 10 lite, same issue here.

I've to enable and then disable waze navigation to make notification pop-up disappear. Haven't waze installed. 

Follow me

I had the same problem on my Oneplus 2 yesterday. 

I just blocked all notifications from spotify and turned it back on. It's working for now !

Don't know if this will help everyone, but I held my finger on the notification until the options expanded and went to setting and switched of both the 'External Applications' settings and it went away. It's a pain, because my phone is always connected to my watch, so it keeps coming back. 

Hey folks,

Just to let you know that we're still investigating this issue, and you can stay up-to-date on our progress in this thread.

If you don't mind posting any solutions that you find to the issue in that thread, that would be great.

Thanks! Stay awesome 😉

AT&T Galaxy S9+, fully updated. Have Waze installed but never use.
Spotify connections notification pops up whenever I launch Spotify. Only
goes away after rebooting phones. Comes back when Spotify is launched.

Hey there @geekdadfon,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

No worries, this is something our tech teams are aware and looking into at the moment.

We'd suggest heading over in this Ongoing Issue thread and adding your +VOTE and info if the issue still persists for you.

We'll make sure to pass on any updates we have about this in that thread, so make sure to keep an eye out in that thread.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Spotify settings. Turn off spotify automatic connection when in car. Hope it worked. It did for me.

Same issue on a Pixel 3. No Waze app. No Waze connection enabled. Never used Waze. Can't swipe it away or prevent it from happening. It's a bug that needs to be fixed, rather than hidden via settings.

Suggested posts