Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Lite Download Quality

Spotify Lite Download Quality

Plan - Premium

Country - United States

Device

Fiio M9

I've been having troubles with Spotify on my (underpowered) Fiio M9 music player, so I thought that I'd give Spotify Lite a try. However, I can't seem to find any information on whether the lite version has a different audio quality range than the stock app for downloaded music—Spotify Lite only has one audio quality setting option, not two separates ones for streaming and downloads. Is the "very high" option in Spotify Lite the same 320 kbit/s setting as in the original app, and does this set the quality for streaming and downloads?

Also, is there a way to access the queue in Spotify Lite? I see there is a way to add songs to the queue, but can't find a way to actually view it.

3 Replies

I'm surprised this hasn't been responded! Does the Audio Quality apply to downloaded songs in Spotify Lite too? Since there is no way to choose separate qualities on the Lite app. Thanks!

I have the exact same query. Somebody should know the answer, come on.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The Spotify Lite app download quality will match the streaming quality setting you choose with a maximum of approximately 160kbit/s. This option is only available on Premium. Using the free service will limit the streaming quality to the lowest setting possible in order to save data.

Note that the Lite app has additional data saving mechanism in work, so the song quality might be a bit lower than the one from the regular Spotify app, since Lite limits the file sizes in order to save data. This is expected since the Lite app is developed primarily for older devices with less memory and for users with limited network data plans.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts