Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app keeps crashing

Spotify app keeps crashing

Plan

Premium

Country

Serbia

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I have tried everything - a clean reinstall, clearing the cache and data, logging in and out, reaching out to SpotifyCares on Twitter, they weren't any help. When I install Spotify it works fine for two days and then it starts crashing every five minutes. No matter what I do. No error happening, nothing. It's not happening to any of my friends, just me. I did a factory reset on my phone, still crashing. 

6 Replies

Hey there @angggj

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device? Let us know if they can replicate this. 

You can also attach a screen recording where we can take a better look at what's happening and we'll see what we can suggest.

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

here is the screen recording. sadly none of my friends use spotify! the app stopped crashing after the new update and now it's happening again. 

Hey @angggj,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Are there any changes?

It's also a good idea to deactivate any battery optimization or power saving apps for Spotify.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

no changes 😞

Hey @angggj,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Could you try logging in to your account on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue. Are there any changes?

It's also a good idea to make sure that no other apps are running in the background.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Spotify will not work on rooted devices google play apps will not get signed if your phone gets rooted. therefore your obligated too use APKS. that's the sacrifice for having a rooted phone. it is clearly a rooted phone by the notification bar on top of the phone showing some sort of root on the phone !

Suggested posts