Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Other People connect their account to my TV

Hello,I have a problem with my (Android) SmartTV.I'm living in a dormitory, so basically we are all using the same Wlan. So recently it happened a few times, that someone connected his Spotify Account to my TV. I dont want this to happen, esp. becaus...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I have a problem with my (Android) SmartTV. I'm living in a dormitory, so basically we are all using the same Wlan. So recently it happened a few times, that someone connected his Spotify Ac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keep redownloading in sd card

PremiumPhilippines Samsung A30sAndriod10 My Question or IssueHey my spotify keep redownloading all of my offline song, the storage is in sd card, every time I download its okey for a day then the next day it keeps downloading, when I download using i...

• Regular
  • Premium Philippines Samsung A30s Andriod10   My Question or Issue Hey my spotify keep redownloading all of my offline song, the storage is in sd card, every time I download its okey for a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view different releases of the same album

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceXiaomi Mi A2 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue Hey! When I use Spotify on my computer (Windows), I have the option of choosing what release of an album I want to listen to (for instance, a certain alb...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   Hey! When I use Spotify on my computer (Windows), I have the option of...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! One local file won't play on my phone.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceGoogle Pixel 3AOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueThe other day I was trying to play one of the songs that was a local file. I had listened to this song hundreds of times before, but for some reason it was grayed...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Google Pixel 3A Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue The other day I was trying to play one of the songs that was a local file. I had liste...
  • Tshi2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    local files
    not playing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tablet with Older version of android

I cant use the app in my device. Haw can I do?Plan Plan CountryArgentinaDeviceTablet Toshiba Operating SystemAndroid 4.0.4 My Question or IssueI cant donwload Spotify in my tablet. How can I do?

• Visitor
  • I cant use the app in my device. Haw can I do? Plan Plan  Country Argentina Device Tablet Toshiba  Operating System Android 4.0.4   My Question or Issue I cant donwload Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • older
    version
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

30 Minutes Ad Free Only Lasts for 10 Minutes

PlanFreeCountryUSDevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI'm casting to my Google Home Mini and getting 2-3 ads every 10 minutes after accepting the terms for watching the intro ad for 30 minutes of ad-free listening.

• Plan Free Country US Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I'm casting to my Google Home Mini and getting 2-3 ads every 10 minutes after accepting the terms...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lyrics don't move in the lyric card!

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFreeCountryIndia DeviceMoto G6Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueIf you select a song and open the "now playing" tab ...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free Country India   Device Moto G6 Operating System Android...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error en los álbum descargados

Hola tengo un problema al querer reproducir los álbumes descsrgados, me aparece en verde la descarga pero a la hora de entrar al álbum para escucharlo aparece este error.Pd.Los playlist si me deja reproducirlos  

Screenshot_2020-07-11-11-01-24-1.png
  • Visitor
  • Hola tengo un problema al querer reproducir los álbumes descsrgados, me aparece en verde la descarga pero a la hora de entrar al álbum para escucharlo aparece este error. Pd.Los playlist si me deja ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unhide Song button missing on newer UI playlists on Android.

PlanPremiumDeviceHuawei Y7Operating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueI was listening to my songs on Spotify as usual when I accidentally selected the 'hide song' feature. I searched for a solution by going under the options on android by selecting 's...

• Plan Premium Device Huawei Y7 Operating System Android My Question or Issue I was listening to my songs on Spotify as usual when I accidentally selected the 'hide song' feature. I searched for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline: Something went wrong. Try Again

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Android Operating System( Android Oreo) My Question or IssueFor the past couple of weeks, every time I go offline I get this message. It says, "Something Wrong. Try Again". A blank black screen comes up with this message. Ev...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (Android 😎 Operating System ( Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue For the past couple of weeks, every time I go offline I get this message. It...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue Malfunction in Playlist Radio

PlanFree/PremiumCountry United StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or Issue I am unable to edit the queue or see upcoming songs in any playlist radio on my device, or from the podcast screen. This is, unfortunately, mo...

• Plan Free/Premium Country  United States Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue  I am unable to edit the queue or see upcoming songs in any...
  • alexvilla
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    broken
    playlist radio
    podcast
    queue
    s9
    Samsung
    samsung galaxy s9
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album covers wont load

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(Asus Zenfone)Operating System(Android 7.0) My Question or IssueMore than 50% of my Album covers are blacked out. This is completely random and has been happening for about 7 months. I already tried doing a full reinstal...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device (Asus Zenfone) Operating System (Android 7.0)   My Question or Issue More than 50% of my Album covers are blacked out. This is completely random and ...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes at startup (tried every fix mentioned online)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemOreo 8.0.0 My Question or IssueHi all! Soooooooo, I haven't been able to use my Spotify app on my phone at all. At. All. For almost two weeks at this point. Here's the deal: One da...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Oreo 8.0.0   My Question or Issue Hi all! Soooooooo, I haven't been able to use my Spotify app on my phone ...
  • LeeMitchellUK
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 8 likes

Spotify does not start on Galaxy s9 / Android 10 / Knox 3.4.1

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid 10 with Knox 3.4.1 and security patch 1 june 2020 My Question or IssueI have been using Spotify without problem earlier. I had to recently perform a factory reset on my Galaxy S9...

•   Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android 10 with Knox 3.4.1 and security patch 1 june 2020   My Question or Issue I have been using Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android10
    Knox
    Samsung S9
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't disguise player "notification" when listening on PC

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceOnePlus 7, Mi A1Operating SystemAndroid 10, Android Pie My Question or IssueUntil last week, when Spotify decides to "wake" on the phone while I'm listening on the PC, it shows the player in the notifications menu even if...

spotify-disguise-issue.gif
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device OnePlus 7, Mi A1 Operating System Android 10, Android Pie   My Question or Issue Until last week, when Spotify decides to "wake" on the phone while I'...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Connect
    player
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Show only local devices does not work

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceNokia 8 Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHello, i activated "Show only local Devices" in the settings, but nontheless my smartphone shows the music playing on my PC while on mobile network connection. So th...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Nokia 8  Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Hello,   i activated "Show only local Devices" in the settings, but nontheles...
  • bzellmer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay

PlanFamily accountCountryTurkeyDeviceXiaomi Mi Note 10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueAutoplay is not working.

• Visitor
  • Plan Family account Country Turkey Device Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Autoplay is not working. 
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • autoplay
    not working
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Incorrect Album tracks on Android App

I have a Bon Jovi album This House Is Not For Sale saved in my library which i added via the Windows Desktop version of Spotify. This plays fine on my PC but the same saved album on my phone is all jumbled up and includes tracks not even on this albu...

• Regular
  • I have a Bon Jovi album This House Is Not For Sale saved in my library which i added via the Windows Desktop version of Spotify.  This plays fine on my PC but the same saved album on my phone is...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Massive data usage by Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 8,Operating SystemAndroidI have been a premium member for several years. Almost all my playlists are downloaded over wifi because we have poor data coverage. I normally see Spotify use 1 to 2 gigs per month. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 8, Operating System Android I have been a premium member for several years. Almost all my playlists are downloaded over wifi because we have poo...
  • Conkarlis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing when I join my home WiFi.

So everyday when I am walking home from work as soon as my Samsung Note 9 joins my home WiFi, my Spotify just stops playing my music. It always happens at the same place just outside of my flat. It's very odd because when I am on the train listening ...

• Regular
  • ...t's very odd because when I am on the train listening and it joins a public WiFi network its works fine. I have tried offline mode and it still happens, the songs I listen to are downloaded to my phone....
  • Shifty_Nifty
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes