Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify bug

Solved!

Spotify bug

Hi, I got a bug with Spotify so Evert time when im listening to music and my phone screen turns off, Spotify wont play the next track!

Sami Koskula

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you changed your background data settings at all?  Unless you have Spotify Premium and are playing an offline playlist, Spotify needs to be able to connect whenever it plays a song, so it's possible that something on your phone is stopping that from happening, especially if you're on Android.

If you're on Android, you might try checking Data Usage in your settings and see if Restrict background data is turned on for your phone or for the Spotify App.  If you have any battery saver apps installed as well, check those settings–some of them turn off data and Wi-Fi when the screen is shut off.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Have you changed your background data settings at all?  Unless you have Spotify Premium and are playing an offline playlist, Spotify needs to be able to connect whenever it plays a song, so it's possible that something on your phone is stopping that from happening, especially if you're on Android.

If you're on Android, you might try checking Data Usage in your settings and see if Restrict background data is turned on for your phone or for the Spotify App.  If you have any battery saver apps installed as well, check those settings–some of them turn off data and Wi-Fi when the screen is shut off.

Yes I have an Android phone (HTC One S) and my background data is set to off. And I don't have Spotify premium.

Sami Koskula

Go to android settings/wifi/advanced and set "Keep wifi on during sleep" to always. Does that help?

Thanx for the help! I did have a battery save app what was turning my network off when I turned off my screen.

Sami Koskula

Haha, that won't have helped 🙂 Enjoy your music.

No my Wifi is always on during sleep and I use 3G more! And the problem was with my battery save app (Easy Battery Saver) what turned  off my network when I turned off my screen.

Sami Koskula

Con la versione 0.9.10.14 non è più possibile visualizzare i followers delle proprie e altrui playlist sia da pc che da dispositivo mobile. E' possibile rimediare a questo errore?

Do you speak english ?

Sami Koskula

Yes. I'ìll try to translate it in English. With the upgrade to the new version there's no possibility to see who are the followers of the playlists. After this upgrade I could see my follower playlist. Now I can't. 

Yup unfortunately that feature has been removed. 😞

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But I Know it is possible on tablet, on iPad. Why has it removed from the pc sw or on mobile device? I don't know... Is it maybe for privacy reasons? I only want to know my followers playlist... 😞

Hi, on playlist NOITE ELETRONICA have one music the very different genre. o name of music is ANITA SHOW DAS PODEROSAS. Please remove this music. In attachment have on print of screen the error.

Capturar.PNG

Suggested posts